Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jaxe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 3:09 am   

how can I do for this mapping settings

There are some muds,in these muds the derections are northup,eastup,eastdown and so on,How can I set with zmud6.16 map

please answer me.thanks a lot.:)
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 2:08 pm   

You currently can't do this with the mapper in zMUD. However, zMapper already has support for this. The way it works is that you specify how each direction works. For example, east is defined as a change in X of 200, south is a change in Y of 200 (top-left corner is 0,0) and down is a change in Z of -100. So, you could create a northup direction with a change in Y of -200 and a change in Z of 100. I don't know if/when this functionality will be in zMUD, but you maya sk in the zMapper forum.

Kjata
jaxe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 10:06 am   

Thanks a lot,but I don't know about Zmaper,zhis software can be used in mud online? and can be maked auto?
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:28 pm   

You might want to head to the zMapper forum. There are several posts there that can explain this betetr than I can.

Anyway, zMapper is a new product from Zugg. It is still in the first beta stages so it has some feautures missing, but it is gradually building up to be a great program. Basically, it is a multi-purpose mapping tool. It lets you create maps and edit them in many different ways. You can create rooms with specific shapes, pictures or bitmaps. You can place background images on your map and adjust your map to work with that background image. It has some powerful export feautures that could be used to create a graphical map and export it as a an area file ready to be read by the MUD. It will have support, in the future, for online capabilities that allow you to share maps with other people. And amny more other feautures.

Since it is a general mapping tool, it does not have any knowledge of MUDs, so you will find that there are some things that it can't do but rather the mapper AI in zMUD is the one that does it. However, zMapper, in the future, will be a plugin for zMUD that will integrate its capabilities right into zMUD. You will also have commands and functions to control it from within zMUD.

So, for more info, look around in the zMapper forum, and check out the zMapper tutorials.

Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: