Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Eowyn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 12:24 pm   

Hiding text on the map

I've got a lot of comments, tips, secrets etc. written on my map. Most of the time all this text isn't used though, and mainly makes the map look messy. I was wondering if it's possible to toggle text on the map on and off with the new Zmapper?

Eowyn
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 6:58 pm   

Hmm, interesting idea. You've actually triggered some thoughts for some new features. What if labels were assigned to some sort of "category" and you could hide/show different categories of items?

I'm already planning something similar to what is in AC Explorer where you can hide/show rooms based upon their room "type". Adding this kind of thing to labels could be pretty useful also.

I'll add this to the to-do list for a future version. Thanks for the ideas!

Dweller
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:15 pm   

How about something like the concept of tacks/pins that can be placed on the map. I'm not really into playing some of the RPGs out there, but NWNs uses this concept. It's pretty cool. The notes are hidden unless you select them.

lastaeriemud.com 1212
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:00 pm   

Yes, I've seen this too. They don't display when you select them, but they display when you hover the mouse over them, similar to how the room name is displayed when you move the mouse over a room. I'll add that to the options list for handling the additional "style" features for labels. In other words, I'll let you assign a bitmap image to your label instead of displaying the text of the label itself on the map.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: