Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 4:54 pm   

Main window bugs

1. Lanch, at the initial open dialog select an invalid db file (libraries work great). Click OK on the Error opening message box. In the Zone/Room pane right click and select Edit Shape. Rseults in access violation at 004D541F on first attempt, and closed dataset message on all further attempts.

2. Starting at a freshly created map. Up level and Down level buttons do not work.

3. Starting at freshly created map. Make a new room. Right click on it and select properties. Click the Exits tab in the properties window. You get an "Invalid Variant Type Conversion" error message.

4. Starting at freshly created map. By turning on Keyboard Creation under the Zone menu, a room can be created to the up and down with - and + respectively. However the display does not switch levels. The level buttons still do not start working at that time either. Continued creation of rooms at the new level will cause the display to scroll.

5. Starting at a freshly created map. In the Zone/Room pane, select the zone tab. Click the small icon next to the "untitled" to display and edit the ZoneID. Change the number there then click elsewhere in the pane to record the update. Error message "Cannot update 'ZoneID'; field not updateable" occurs. This is correct, but all further clicks in that pane while the Zone tab is active and all attempts to create new zones cause the error message to pop up again. Importing a zone seems to overcome this.

System Specs:
Win2K Pro
ATI Radeon
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:25 pm   

Hey, Vijilante, you are a *great* beta tester! Testing all of those things that I'd never think of doing, and actually trying to break stuff. That's the best way to do it and I really appreciate all of the stuff you are finding.

1) Yep, zMapper only works if a valid database has been loaded. I need to change the error routine so that when you try to open an invalid file it takes you back to the File Open screen and not into zMapper itself. I'm sure there are a *lot* of things that crash if you sneak into the main interface with a bad database file.

2) Ahh, true. They are set up like in zMUD to *display* multiple levels, but I forgot to allow you to *create* new levels. I'll fix that.

3) I think that's a duplicate bug post. Anyway, it's on the bug list.

4) Yeah, that's related to the problem in (2) with the up/down buttons. It's added to the bug list.

5) Hey, no fair using the zMUD 6.30 bug list when testing zMapper! Yeah, as you probably know that bug is also in zMUD 6.30 and should be fixed this week when I work on the code that both programs is sharing.

fred255
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:30 am   

quote:

2) Ahh, true. They are set up like in zMUD to *display* multiple levels, but I forgot to allow you to *create* new levels. I'll fix that.

Same problem apparently with zMud 6.30 Mapper.

Fred

--
Fred (a.k.a Nestor in Genesis and SWMud)
BStryker
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 2:05 am   

Another one that's irritating, but not critical.

When I use "keyboard creation" to make rooms, it seems that if I'm in the "zones" panel on the left side of the screen, it thinks I'm trying to rename a zone and enters all the characters there as well as moving the location selection from room to room.

This is on a fresh map that I renamed the default zone on (thereby leaving it selected in that window), windows 2000 box. The focus should be moved off of it when you select the new window, and it doesn't appear to be.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:30 am   

Yep. The map window actually isn't a Windows object that can take keyboard focus, so that causes some difficulty when other stuff is selected. It's on my list to try and improve that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: