Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
BartzS
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:17 am   

Highlights and MonsterBold

I'm having some trouble getting all the critters in the game I play (GemStone IV) highlighted in Zmud. They have a feature called "MonsterBold" which is supposed to highlight all the monsters' names but it doesn't work very well in Zmud.

The best I can do with the default color-schemes is use VT100 and the last line of text will be green and the critter's name will be grey like the all the former lines. Is there a way to highlight the critter names like yellow or something and make the MonsterBold feature work in Zmud without having to separately highlight them all? Thanks.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:16 pm   

A search of the forums gives:
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=14073&highlight=monsterbold

As well as:
%gsl(M) holds the last thing to be monsterbold

Maybe see if you can substitude with the %gsl(M) tag?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:17 am   

I play DR and I see no problem whatsoever with monsterbold and Zmud highlighting it. I haven't changed anything regarding emulation preferences, so I would first make sure you have monsterbold turned on, then check to see that your highlighted text color is set in GSL preferences, and finally turn off GSL emulation to see if the L and M tags are being properly sent (some critters in DR don't send them, but thus far it's only been a limited number of Guild Leaders).

If everything checks out and you're still having problems, you could go with the GSL trigger that TonDiening suggested. Keep in mind that Monsterbold is not the only thing using the GSL and GSM tags, so if you want to differentiate critter highlights from, say, the highlighting used in the PREMIUM verb or the news reminder when you log in you will need to generate a list of critters that your GSL trigger can compare to. This without a doubt is going to be a very large list, even with the database.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:35 am   

Yeah I wish they had a separate tag for monsters, I hate having the same color for so many things. Hell, wish they had a ton more gsl tags for things, but that will never happen especially with StormFront now. Their clients are horrible, but all the users will stick with them.
saet
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:44 am   

Also funny little story about Dragon's Gate. I used to play it way back in the day, when AOL still charged per minute or hour(I forget). Don't know how it is now or anything, but you would buy all your equipment in one place and select your material etc. They used to have it so you paid after the equipment was complete and you picked it up. For some reason I ordered all the most expensive stuff which I couldn't even come close to affording, think it was diamond. Then I couldn't cancel it when I wanted to actually get something I could afford, so I was stuck waiting to see what happens when it was complete. Well in the middle of the whole thing, they changed it so you paid when you ordered it. So I got all this top of the line gear for free. It was great. That's about all I remember from the game, besides it being real fun and something about the big players smiting each other. All the AOL muds were great. Terris was fun, used to play that a lot. Rambling done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: