Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Oooska

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:32 pm   

Automatically disconnected from a MUD

Every time I try to connect to a mud, I automatically get disconnected. A picture of the error message is at http://home.maine.rr.com/oooska/zmuderr.jpg incase you've either never seen it, and/or don't know which error I'm referring to. And for the record, none of those errors actually apply.

It gets to the enter character name screen, at which point zMud enters the name of the character and password, which is correct name and password (I've checked to make sure several times now).

I've tried renaming the *.mud file, and than trying again, but that didn't work. This happens when almost all MUDs I've tried, though the one I'm specifically referring to right now is Aardwolf.

I'm running a registered copy of zMud ver. 6.16 on an Athlon 1300, running Windows XP Home Edition, build 2600, with a cable connection. Any help would be appreciated.

nutsnbolts
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:47 am   

Have you tried manually entering the name and password instead of using
ZMUD's "AUTOLOGIN"?

Sup
Oooska

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 1:40 am   

If you mean by leaving the name and password field blank, than yeah...
Gandorf
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:59 am   

Have you tried disabelling all triggers when you connect to the mud. (Clicking the pistol icon in the lower right corner). Also do you recieve any text from the mud itself before the message about reconnect shows?

Gandorf
-------------------------
Out in the night they laugh about me and my knowledge
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 5:53 pm   

It sounds like your MUD is disconnecting you. This usually means you gave an incorrect name/password combination. You can check this by opening the character offline and disabling triggers, then using #CONNECT and entering the name and password manually. If you don't get disconnected, you'll know there's a problem in your logon triggers.

The logon triggers are normally in the Autolog class-folder. There should be two of them. The first one answers any logon questions (such as, do you want color?) and then gives your character's name with the #CH command. Sometimes, when zMUD makes these triggers, it will put too many y's (or n's). When that happens, your character's name goes in as "y" instead of "Oooska", and the password goes in as "Oooska". By the time the actual password gets sent the MUD has already disconnected you. If this is the case, remove the extras y's (or n's).

The second trigger should give your password with the #PW command.

Both of these require having the correct name and password set in the name and password fields, of course.

LightBulb
Vague questions get vague answers
delgaur

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 1:05 pm   

you are marking the fields blank?
Well there is your problem.
It like pressing return on username and password, without any text.
So it will discconect if you mud does not like it.

(old post i know but someone reading over this like me might have the same problem.)
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 10:27 pm   

If LightBulb's suggestion doesn't work you can try and see if you can capturewhat is being sent.

As Lightbulb suggests, connect to your character offline.

#DEBUG bleah.txt
#CONNECT

Manually log in etc..

#DEBUG

Then use notepad to open zmudbleah.txt and see what was being sent by your mud.
Maybe you can catch something in the gobbly goop.

TonDiening
Beta Upgrading to 6.26
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: