Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ash June2

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 12:03 pm   

SAVING PRIVATE LAYOUT!

I have problems saving the layout..
I have 4 windows..
The main one then the tell one.. and 2 other custom windows where I display some stats.
I put all the captions on lest.. and only the main window has status bar and command line. Then I save layout.
But when I quit and reconnect the 2 custom windows appear with command line, status bar and caption on top, and the main and tell windows show the captions on top AND on the left, they don't appear exactly like when I saved.
Is there something to do about that?
I have zMUD 6.16

Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 2:37 pm   

The save layout save the names and screen position/size of all the windows, it does not save configurations and settings for those windows. If you want the window to look a specific way you will have to set it how you want it, then press CTRL-G to open the settings editor for that window, and save there. So long as you use a filename that matches the window those setting will automatically be loaded.
Ash June2

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 4:24 pm   

Thank you for this precious info.. I'll try it right now :)))

*my savior* ;)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 5:36 am   

quote:

The save layout save the names and screen position/size of all the windows, it does not save configurations and settings for those windows. If you want the window to look a specific way you will have to set it how you want it, then press CTRL-G to open the settings editor for that window, and save there. So long as you use a filename that matches the window those setting will automatically be loaded.

You really don't need to bother opening the Settings Editor. With the appropriate child window active, you can simply click on the Settings|Save or Settings|Save As... menu and it will save it with no problems.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: