Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tetrad

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:39 pm   

Help with filtering

I've been looking through all the help files and couldn't find anything, so here is a forum cry. Okay, I have two issues. One, I am tring to figure out how to filter the mud output. Basically this is for big fights I want to filter out all the misses and only really look at the hits, and even those I'd like to filter out to who hits who how hard. Instead of the long bit about blah hits blah doing blah with blah blah blaaaaah! The spam makes it soo impossible to do anything in those big scenes. Next, I can't access pref's. My computer uses duel monitors and sometimes I move them. It appears I opened it in another monitor arrangement, moved them and now it's still tring to open the window in the old place. this SUCKS because that means I can't get to it since it's somewhere in limbo. Does anyone know how I can reset it's default position to the primary monitor?
Email me tetrad@comcast.net
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 12:55 pm   

There are two things I can think of to reduce the spam of messages:

#trigger {pattern} {#gag}
This gags an entire line containing the pattern. So avoid doing this if there are other patterns preceding or trailing it. It is best to add ^ and $ to ensure that the pattern rests by itself on one line.

#trigger {pattern} {#sub {replacement}}
This replaces the specified pattern with shorter messages or anything you want including color sequences that you can insert using the %ansi() funciton.
#sub {%ansi(blink,bold,high,red,gray)%lower(%trigger)}

Regarding the window arrangement here are 2 tips:

1) If you create seperate character entries in the character menu each with its own ".lay" layout file, you can choose which layout you want by picking a character entry.

2) You can reset each window to its default from the menu bar. You can also do this from your script.
#menu {Layout|Reset Windows|Settings Editor}.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:30 pm   

quote:

1) If you create seperate character entries in the character menu each with its own ".lay" layout file, you can choose which layout you want by picking a character entry.

While you can still create the separate characters, the extra layouts might produce problems when multi-playing since you can only have one layout open at any one time. Only thing is, I don't recall if ZMud just ignores the extras or if it crashes amidst the fiery remains of what was once your computer.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: