Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
lewdpotato
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:01 pm   

Trade Wars 2002

Hi
I was hoping somebody here uses mudd to play trade wars and could help me get started. I already use mudds easy to use macro's and triggers. I have very little knowledge of scripts, the language and how they work. all I know is I need them to do complex things like tell me where my nearest fighter is ect. any help would be great.
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 6:39 pm   

First of all you should learn how to make a trigger.

Read up on triggers in the Support - Articles. ;)

Tip: you can't survive in Tradewars 2002 without a decent SST (Steal-Sell-Transport) or PPT (Port Pair Trade) Script. You will eventually need to map and do ZTM zero-turn mapping.
lewdpotato
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 7:56 am   

I also use a helper called swath, I use both swath and z mudd and if I could combined the programs I would have what I want as swath does not use easy triggers like mudd. It uses java. could you please give me an example script for trade wars. swath has ppt sst sdt rf ect. what I am looking for is a sample script for trade wars in mudd format to get me going. can you help me out here? please. once I learn the language I can make my own helper and I wont need swath and it's java scripts.
lewdpotato
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 5:25 am   

ok,
I have made it this far with the help of some nice people in this forum I hope someone can help me finish this and make it work the way I need it too
#TRIGGER {Deployed fighters report sector (%d)} {m %1yy}
the m is the move command and the first y is yes, at this point the mudd (twgs server) is gonna spit the text out that either I have fighter lock (in which case I want to tell it Y (yes) again), or if it returns, (no fighter lock) I want to tell it (n) no and kill the trigger. How do I do this?
the above trigger works but if the person entering the sector is running a macro that kills the fighter that set off the trigger I will blow up if I blind warp there. once I have a lock on the sector(the first y (yes) it is safe to warp there, if no lock I am dead. this type of trigger? is very common to trade wars game and once I get some help I can use this in most of what I need zmudd to do for me. thanks in advance, I dont know much but I know that there are people here that are very knowledgeable and I thank you for sharing your knowledge with the less learned.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:17 am   

If you don't want to send the second "y" until you've checked for a fighter lock, then don't put it in the trigger. Instead, make a second trigger that fires on the fighter lock message to send the second y.

LightBulb
Vague questions get vague answers
lewdpotato
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:29 am   

I tried that, but I am doing it wrong.
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 8:28 am   

Glad you are making progress, I haven't played tw2002 for several months, maybe I'll try to make it for the next BOTE or Haunted Halloween competition.

What you need here is "#sendprompt {}". "#send {}" sends characters with a 'enter' key appended to the end. With the #sendprompt command only the characters enclosed are sent to the game.

Use a trigger on prompt to detect the yes/no confirmation prompt. Trigger on prompt triggers on any buffer of text, whereas Trigger on Newline is only triggered at the end of the line (when the cursor goes to the next line).

I see you are making a transwarp drop script. Even after a fighter lock is received and then the fighter is destroyed after the confirmation prompt, you have a chance to transwarp within the next 60 seconds. During the 60 seconds, the odds of getting the ship fused into a lump of useless metal increases from 0% up to 100% towards the end of the full minute. Good luck with it.

Try a planet drop script. AFAIK transwarp capable planets have blindwarp protection, but watch out for the major space lanes.
lewdpotato
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 9:28 pm   

quote:

What you need here is "#sendprompt {}". "#send {}" sends characters with a 'enter' key appended to the end. With the #sendprompt command only the characters enclosed are sent to the game.

where in the string do I put this?
#TRIGGER {Deployed fighters report sector (%d)} {m %1yy}

Use a trigger on prompt to detect the yes/no confirmation prompt. Trigger on prompt triggers on any buffer of text, whereas Trigger on Newline is only triggered at the end of the line (when the cursor goes to the next line).

what is the command for this?

I see you are making a transwarp drop script. Even after a fighter lock is received and then the fighter is destroyed after the confirmation prompt, you have a chance to transwarp within the next 60 seconds. During the 60 seconds, the odds of getting the ship fused into a lump of useless metal increases from 0% up to 100% towards the end of the full minute. Good luck with it.

yes I know of the fighter decay.
I am an experienced player, just not an experienced mudd user.

Try a planet drop script. AFAIK transwarp capable planets have blindwarp protection, but watch out for the major space lanes.
yup I have made this one already, very easy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: