Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ridgid

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:39 pm   

DB feild list limit ?/help

Greetings all
I have spent days setting up an eq DB finaly got it all to work as far as I see so far, minus one problem I am having, I have 31 areas (zones) in my DB I keep trying to add more but am unable to do so, I hit the add and type in the name, hit ok, and save, also have gone so far as to save the DB and restart Zmud yet every time the new entery is gone, even if I type it in and go directly to a piece of eq and try to select it or type that area it is gone and will not stay...

system info
win xp
Zmud 6.26a beta
field problem = area (manual input)
I have allow others selected
um, any thing else i can try or is there a limit or something that needs to be changed?

Thanks
Ridgid
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 6:53 pm   

Perhaps once you have record in the database, you can't add options to an option list field. I don't know the internals of the DB, so I wouldn't know exactly what's the problem. Perhaps you might want to try emailing Zugg directly.

Kjata
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 2:35 am   

There is also a problem if you are using a back-up you copied on to a CD-R. When you copy anything to CD-R it makes the file read only, and it wont let you save changes to it afterwards until you uncheck the read-only box in the file's properties.

I had this problem, and it was killing me for like 3 months, before I searched the forums and found someone else had a simular problem.So that may be something to look into, other than that, do like Kjata suggests, and ask Zugg directly
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: