Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Ridgid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:24 am   

Need some help with #ALARM

I'm wondering if it's possible to turn an #ALARM on and off with a trigger/variable/something. I'm spamming a bunch of combat skills and am using #ALARM to send a string of commands to the MUD every 50 seconds (dirt kick, kick, picklock west, disarm, etc). The problem is when I flee from combat and sleep to regenerate hp, the #ALARM keeps sending the string of commands to the MUD which causes a lot of unnecessary spam. I thought maybe I could get around that by having a variable called @sleep and when zMUD receives the text "You go to sleep." will set that variable to 1 and turn off the #ALARM and when zMUD receives the text "You wake and stand up." will set it back to 0 and turn #ALARM back on.

Not sure if this is making any sense but if someone could help me out I'd be really grateful, I'm pretty new to zMUD & scripting & everything. I'm using Windows 2000 and zMUD 4.62 if that helps with anything.
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:40 am   

Make a class to put the alarm in. Add a trigger to disable the class when you sleep (use #T-). Add another trigger to enable the class when you finish sleeping. You can use aliases instead of triggers if that's easier.

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Ridgid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:36 am   

Thank you, it's working great now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: