Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Carabas
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:36 pm   

Does Zmud have a chat feature?

This is all from memory as I am at work right now, so some things may be a little bit off.

First, you will need the latest public release of zMUD (6.16). These directions are written with zMUD 6.x in mind.

Second, go to the downloads page on this site and download zChat. Install it into your current zMUD directory (Default C:zMUD).

Third, launch zMUD and open a character (Online or Offline, it doesn't matter). This is where these directions may be off somewhat. Then click on the Plugins menu and click on install. This will bring up a window that is meant to display/load/unload currently installed plugins. There will be some buttons at the bottom, one of which I believe is install. Click that button and then in the zMUD directory, find zChatAPI.dll and click open. Now you should have zChat listed as a plugin and it should be loaded (the checkbox next to it should be checked).

Various Commands to get you started.

#CHATNAME - Will set your chatname (do this first). It is the same as /chatname in MM.

#CALL <ipaddress> - This will try to connect to a zChat or MudMaster chat server on the default port at that IP address. Same as /call.

#CHATALL - Chat a message to everyone that is connected to you. Same as /chatall.

#CHAT name message - Will chat a private message to the person specified in the name field. The name field can be a name or the number associated with that name (e.g. #CHAT 001 hey). #CHAT by itself will display the chat connections with their associated numbers.

#CHATCON - This will request chat connections from other people. Same as /req.

For more commands, refer to the zchat.hlp in the zMUD directory.

Carabas
------
I like work; it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.
- Jerome K. Jerome
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: