Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Solaras
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 5:59 am   

Vnum and #Teleport

Ok next question :)

I have a room that my spell takes me too.
lets call it Room A. From Room A I have two exits one is "down" the other is "guild". the guild exit is obvious as to where it goes. the down however takes me back to whatever room I cast the spell in. Lets call that room Room B for now.

So I am sitting in Room B and I need to goto Room A. I cast the spell and I am teleported to Room A. In the mapper and through triggers I can pull off that transition easily enough. What I am trying to figure out is how to have a command capture the Zmud Vnum of Room B so when I give the down command I can teleport the map back to Room B.

Something like a down button (I like buttons) that issues the #Teleport Vnum command. I think it would have to capture the Zone name as well but again I am not sure how to do that either..

Is this even possible?
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:26 pm   

#AL roomA {#VAR RoomB %roomnum();cast spell;#TELEPORT @RoomA}
You'll need to edit the spell and provide the correct value for @RoomA (you don't need to use a variable). Should be easy to add to a button, just have it do the alias when pushed.
HINT: It's much easier to work with the real room-names, commands, etc. than this made-up room A, room B stuff.

LightBulb
All scripts untested unless otherwise noted
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: