Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lupus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:02 pm   

Automapper problems/suggestions

I'm having some problems with the automapper. I posted about it in another thread but, I want to expand some here.

Got a room like this:
The Road [NSW]
Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here.
$$ H:81/81 S:79/79 V:112/123 standing - walking >

(*) ~[(%w)~]
#tag name,exit {%1} {%2}

~$~$ H:%d/%d S:%d/%d V:%d/%d %w - %w >
#TAG prompt

It works one day, then not the next. It maps the rooms, but does not find the exits.
The triggers work fine, and if I output the variables I get them fine.

I've tried reconfiguring, then it thinks the entire Name/Exit line is the exit. Also, this mud does not have any diagnoal exits. But, when I enter a room like 'The Road [NE]', it will put a Northeast link in there. I should be able to turn this on and off.

It is just me or are the config options for the automapper somewhat awkward?

This wouldn't be such a big deal if I could see the exits in the automappers rooms description, but it filters them out. How bout an option not to do that?

Also, would it be cool if you could hilight each room a different color? Tht wy I don't have to rely on the labels which often cover other rooms? I could color code my maps then.

Also, the mud I play on, has a long walk delay. This breaks the speed walker. Is there a way I canm adjust the time out or this?
Can anyone offer some suggestions??
Tintagel
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 10:56 am   

Hrm...I'm not great with the current mapper myself, but just to let you know since it's not exactly a secret, the mapper is undergoing a major re-write and should have a lot of little glitches sorted out, and hopefully a slightly easier set-up since every game out there is different...

If you go to the config and reconfigure the mapper, increasing the capture time it may help your problem, otherwise I'll let someone who knows how to get triggers and the like feeding to the mapper to come up with the answer for you. Adjusting the capture time may just do the trick for you though...

Dare you enter?
Lupus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 4:36 pm   

I'll give it a shot, but I don't think that is the problem. I am getting the room descriptions just fine. And after playing with it last night, I discovered it will pick up a NE exit any time I go past room with a north and east exit. So it's finding the exits.

I really believe this to be a bug. This exact setup worked for me 3 days ago. I never changed anything.

But, there must be some what I can do subs on it to make it pick up the exits better.

There must also be an easy way to add new exits without going to room properties, then exits, the right clicks and adding one, then assigning it to a new direction.

Thanks a bunch for any ideas.
kognesty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:05 pm   

Within the confines of this fabulous automapper configuration screen you will find the exits section. Within this section there is an option to set exits to shorthand abriviations such as n e s w, find it and check it. Then try your mapping, if this does not fix the trouble you'll need to physically seperate the letters via a trigger and save the newly spaced out letters as a variable then use this variable in your #tag.
To seperate out the letters is a bit tricky if your not a programer, you'll need to learn how to parse individual letters out of words and concat a space after each letter. For specific syntax please read the sections pretaining to strings and string manipulation (tokenizing, concatenating, and the like).
Lupus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 10:07 pm   

Thanks for the suggestion, I was considering trying this. I am a programmer. But is there any better reference available besides the MS help stuff? The interface is quite difficult to use a reference.
kognesty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:30 am   

Pattern is: (*) ~[&{exitS}~]
Action is:
#VAR exit {}
exitL = %len( @exitS)
a = 1
#LOOP @exitL {
#ADD exit {%copy( @exitS, @a, 1) " "}
#ADD a 1
}
#TAG name,exit {%1} {@exit}

I whiped this up and I think it might work for you. a, exitL, exitS, and exit are all variables. I tested this on my Mud, just saying "The Road [NEW]" And exit came back with N E W, so I know it works.
Xerin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 6:15 pm   

Sounds like you're playing Armageddon. I had similar issues, but found that once I set my prompt to a decent length the autoconfigure was able to recognize the room exits in the title. Also be sure you're moving to a room that has already been mapped when you try to reconfigure. And if it's storming outside you might try to reconfigure for the storm since you get that weather message prior to the room description.

For the most part, the mapping works fine now. I find that the follow mode messes up every now and then but at least I can create maps without any problem.
Lupus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 3:48 am   

quote:

Pattern is: (*) ~[&{exitS}~]
Action is:
#VAR exit {}
exitL = %len( @exitS)
a = 1
#LOOP @exitL {
#ADD a 1
}
#TAG name,exit {%1} {@exit}

I whiped this up and I think it might work for you. a, exitL, exitS, and exit are all variables. I tested this on my Mud, just saying "The Road [NEW]" And exit came back with N E W, so I know it works.

This works great, so far. Thanks for the script. It looks like I'll buy this zMud after all. I'll let ya know how it works over the next few days.
Wrks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:16 pm   

I'm very much new to Zmud and the mapper. I'm also playing Armageddon and would appreciate if someone could just tell me how to use and where to put this code to get the mapper working? Thanks!
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:48 am   

#TRIGGER {(*) ~[&{exitS}~]} {#VAR exit {}
exitL = %len( @exitS)
a = 1
#LOOP @exitL {
#ADD a 1
}
#TAG name,exit {%1} {@exit}}

should do it
Wrks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:37 pm   

Thanks, but what do I do with that code? I've tried putting it in Config->Configuration Settings->Map Script and save it, but it makes no differerence? Where do I have to put it and do I have to make some additional changes in the mapper configuration?
Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:39 pm   

You highlight it all at once and paste it into the command line then hit enter. Guinn took the code given above and made it into a command that creates the trigger for you.
Wrks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:26 pm   

Okay, I did that and hit enter. The trigger was created and I looked at it in the Settings-Triggers window. But the mapper still doesn't work properly? I tried with no configuration made and also tried reconfiguring it, but it still doesn't work. Sorry if I'm a pain in the but... :)

Is the trigger all I have to do before starting to map?
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:33 pm   

You need to run the configuration again once you've created that trigger - the #tag command tells the mapper which bits of text are which, which it then uses to config.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Wrks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:27 pm   

I did. I input the trigger and ran the configuration again but the mapper behaved as if nothing changed. Nevermind, I'll try to figure something out. Thanks for responding so quickly!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: