Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 4:16 am   

help with automapper

Hi, I have been trying to configure the automapper to recognize the vnum and set it as the room name. this is a custom mud that I built and it seems no matter what I try it won't work. he is a sample output:

[Exits: u d]
as you climb down through the smoky haze carefully squeezing through the tight rocks, you enter what appears to be an ancent cavern. The room seems to radiate with a soft glow of a unknown light source. The tunnel continues going down.
<Vnum #941>

I have tried setting the vnum and room name with this tag trigger

~<Vnum ~#(%d)~>
#VAR RoomName %concat( "Room ", %1)
#tag vnum %1
#tag name %1 {@RoomName}
#tag prompt

no matter what I try it hasen't worked. any help would be appreciated
bgunther
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:23 am   

Did you run the auto configure of the mapper after creating your tag trigger? This needs to be done to make it work correctly.

Bob, aka Kayd on SWMud and a few others.
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:33 am   

yes several times. I don't what is causing the problem. I have tried everything I can think of
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:26 am   

The automapper is very finicky when you attempt to use tag. You must tag all information in order for it to work. What is worse is it expects name to be first, so as long as you have desciptions being displayed and thier length varies it will not work. I suggest you move a few things around in the display of your mud or add names to your rooms.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:35 pm   

You have some problems with that trigger. First, you do:
#TAG name %1 {@RoomName}

This tells the mapper that the name of the room will be whatever is in %1 which is the vnum at that moment. This command should be:
#TAG name {RoomName}

Then, you also do a:
#TAG prompt

So, is this really your prompt, or just part of the room description. The mapper needs to know what is your real prompt so it can determine when the output of one room is done. If that is not your prompt, remove the #TAG prompt from there and put it in another trigger that does match your prompt.

After doing all this, always remember to reconfigure the mapper.

Kjata
Lupus

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 5:04 am   

I'm having problems too.

Got a room like this:
The Road [NSW]
Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here, Room description here.
$$ H:81/81 S:79/79 V:112/123 standing - walking >

(*) ~[(%w)~]
#tag name,exit {%1} {%2}

~$~$ H:%d/%d S:%d/%d V:%d/%d %w - %w >
#TAG prompt

It works one day, then not the next. It maps the rooms, but does not find the exits.
The triggers work fine, and if I output the variables I get them fine.

I've tried reconfiguring, then it thinks the entire Name/Exit line is the exit. Also, this mud does not have any diagnoal exits, and when the exits do work, it somtimes puts in NE exits and such.

Any suggestions??
moonwlf
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 10:31 am   

ok I got the mapper to work but now it maps fine but won't move it won't move in follow mode. any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: