Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Articnal
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 1:29 am   

Map loading help plz! O_o

Well,first of all,tnx for reading my post and second... well,my problem is that i have an almost full map of my mud,balzhur,but i want to load it for another pj but y cant,and i cant because i used a lot of zones for making it,because i had already worked with big maps wizhout zones and y could load them without any problem,but i dont know how to load a map which has zones... anyone knows how to?? =)

Tnx a lot for reading it and for ur posts XD

Articnal
dracx
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:03 am   

whoa killa... lighten up on the abbreviations. you get better answers if I don't hafta decipher the message.

As for you question, if I read it properly. Create a new map, and then click on zone/import and then navigate to the maps folder for your other 'pj'... whatever that is. :) That should take care of you. You'll need to do it once for each zone, btw.

DracX
Articnal
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:43 am   

Well... tnx por ur post and sorry for the abrebiations,that was because of my english... :P
Well,that is what i was going to do but... there are at least 20 zones,and everyone has 4 or 3 links to other zones,and if i have to reload and re link them all everytime i want to play whith another player... =(

Well,tnx again, Articnal
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:30 am   

Copy your other character's "Maps" directory into the new character. Use Import Master Map (or something very similar it is in the Config menu) in your new character, selecting the one from your old character. I believe that will maintain your link integrity.
Articnal
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:50 am   

Well,the fact is that there is no *.zzz from where import in the character with the full map... im starting to think that its like if there were al the zones,linked between them,wizhout master map,because there is no *.zzz ,and master maps are saved like than arent them?... well,and it would be really heavy to have to relink and reload them all everytime i start with a new character...
Any idea?

Tnx,Articnal =)
Articnal
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 11:15 am   

well,that was the problem,i was trying to load false map files,and i discovered that i had the real one on another folder,so i loaded it and all the problems went off XD

Well tnx for all ur help and posts

Articnal =)
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:16 pm   

quote:

whoa killa... lighten up on the abbreviations. you get better answers if I don't hafta decipher the message.

As for you question, if I read it properly. Create a new map, and then click on zone/import and then navigate to the maps folder for your other 'pj'... whatever that is. :) That should take care of you. You'll need to do it once for each zone, btw.

DracX

FYI, Arctinal speaks spanish/portugese of some flavor. PJ is probably the spanish equivalent of PC (player character). Not too sure what the P stands for, but I'm betting the farm that J is short for 'jugador' (whoo-ga-door) which is spanish for 'player'.

I don't know all the ins and outs for the various flavors of Spanish/Portugese, but 'y' means 'I' in this case (in high Spanish, as I was taught, 'y' = 'and' though I only took 4 years of it from '91-'96)

In his second post, he uses 'por' which is spanish for 'for'.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: