Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
virgotat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 6:09 am   

really odd automapper problem

K, i'm using the automapper while playing Methods of Destruction, and everything seems to be working fine, the autmapper is doing everything correctly, but when i change from "map" to "follow" there are occasions where the map will cease to follow my movements. For example, say my map consists of the following:

#
###
#
#

ok and say I start out at the top #. I turn on "follow" move south, then east, but my mapper doesn't show that I've moved east. From there, my position gets jacked up on the mapper, so I have to set the location marker again. Any ideas?

Oh and sometimes, the rooms that are problem spots seem to have a darker border around them on the map, no idea why the mapper does this though. Even so, I don't think that's entirely the problem, since it happens on normal looking squares as well.
bgunther
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:39 am   

quote:
Oh and sometimes, the rooms that are problem spots seem to have a darker border around them on the map, no idea why the mapper does this though. Even so, I don't think that's entirely the problem, since it happens on normal looking squares as well.

Ok, the darker border is most likely where the mapper has created 2 different rooms on top of each other. This could be for many reasons, like if your mud uses a day/night line, or a weather line... or even some channel message coming in just as you move, making that part of the description or name. What you need to do is go to that particular room, #merge the rooms, and do a #look so the description gets set correctly... though if you have time/weather info that the mud sends before you enter each room, you will have to set up a nomap trigger so that information doesn't get entered as room name or part of the room description... otherwise, the map would only work for the time/weather like when you mapped it. If none of the above is the case, you might have to set the options for that particular room to not match the description, and maybe even force entry into room.

Bob, aka Kayd on SWMud and a few others.
virgotat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 6:15 pm   

ahhh, thanks so much - merging fixed the problem!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: