Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
tejing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 10:59 pm   

Wierd Automapper Error

I have been using the zmud automapper with a VERY large map which has 22550 rooms and growing --- boy am i looking forward to the new automapper :-) anyway, recently whenever i move in any direction while the automapper's on, i have to click ok on an error message which says: ... uh oh, now it won't even load, i guess there isnt too much to tell you except the error message which comes up when i try to load it now:

Access violation at address 004DC4FF in module 'ZMUD.EXE'. Read address FFFFFFFF.

The other error message was something like error parsing: P
read address failure or something like that
anyway, i hope someone might know whats going wrong, also, it might make a difference that I originally made the map on the BETA versions and then went back to 6.16.

Tejing
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:36 am   

Does the error appear now when you try to load zMUD, open a character, or open the mapper?

Seems like maybe your map files got corrupted. Look at the Migration Guide for instruction on uncorrupting your map files. However, it is possible that they may be corrupted beyond repair.

If you have any questions after that, post back here again.

Kjata
tejing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:41 am   

the error happens when i try to load the automapper
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 12:53 am   

Then it seems that it is, in fact, a corrupted map files problem. Try following the instructions in the Migration Guide.

Kjata
tejing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 1:31 am   

i followed the instructions, and now the map will load again, but it still generates this error when i try to move in any direction, then moves me anyway when I click ok

Error parsing: P
Message: Access violation at address 004DC4FF in module 'ZMUD.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF

I hope you have some idea what might be causing this.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:16 am   

I have noted the error parsing to occur with a few different mapping commands. Since you say your using the betas it is a beta problem, and you should post the exact details of the error message, when it occurs, what version, and system infor like windows version to the beta forum.

I might have a little better answer if I had the exact info, basically copy everything in the error box into your post.

Right now it sound like P is generating the error and since that isn't any command the parser would look at I must guess it is an alias, if that is the case then you should go through the script of P line by line in the command bar and find the actual line causing the problem.
tejing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 6:24 am   

well Vijilante, first of all i am not using the BETA versions, i only used to be, i am now using 6.16. also, there is no alias or trigger or anything else named "P" so I'm not sure what else the error parsing: P could mean. and finally i thought i might make clear that this has worked perfectly for months on 6.16 until recently so i don't THINK (i might be wrong) it has anything to do with the BETA versions

Tejing
bgunther
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 10:44 am   

quote:
Error parsing: P
Message: Access violation at address 004DC4FF in module 'ZMUD.EXE'. Read of address FFFFFFFF

This is just a guess, from my knowledge of programming and the process of plugins for zmud, but...

I suspect the automapper works like a plugin to zmud, that is automatically included. If that is the case, P is the parameters array that zmud is passing to the automapper and one or more of those parameters is not correct. The access violation is very likely due to the incorrect parameter, and the mapper is trying to access memory that it can't. If migrating the mapfiles does not correct the error, I suggest sending some mail to Zugg with exactly whats happening, and the exact error message you are getting. He may even need your mapfile, I don't know.

Bob, aka Kayd on SWMud and a few others.
tejing
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 11:06 am   

alrighty then, i'll send mail to Zugg i guess

:-)

Tejing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: