Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
VanillaIce

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 1:59 pm   

2 Newbie Questions

I am a person who know very little about programming and have found ZMUD to be somewhat omnious and daunting, but I had one little question and one that requires some depth.
1) How do I change the font of the display screen and the color? that green is driving me crazy!

2) How do I write a quest bot that exams the card, uses the directions I have to goto and obtain the items, then appropriatley complete the card? Please spell it out for me, I'm not familiar with programming whatsoever. Thank you all so much in advance!
Ahlgren
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 2:39 pm   

Well,

1) You can change the font in
"View->Preferences->Fonts..."
and the colors in
"View->Preferences->Colors"

2) This can't be answered with the info you have given. As these quest cards must be some feature of the specific mud you are playing.
Anyhow, it will be a big script to automate it. And I'm quite sure that the MUD you are playing on doesn't allow such "bots".
VanillaIce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:27 pm   

Ok, thank you for your help regarding the font and color, I apologgize for posting twice, I think my browser did something wacky. In regards to the quest bot, in all honesty, I'm not attempting to use that on one of the MUDs I play, but for one tha tI work for, if you could please help me, thanks.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 2:08 pm   

You could get helpt here, but you need to post more info. Like what do those cards look like, where do you get them and how, how do you know what items you need to get, when you go to where the card says how do you find those items, and anything else that you think would be necessary to make the script.

Kjata
VanillaIce

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 10:55 pm   

Ok, let's see, you get them when you want them by using c quest, but I already have 5, to know what items are necessary you use the command compl card, and the 4 items are listed. And there are 3 diff. "types" of items. 1) Have to kill a mob and get the item from their corpse 2) Just an item lying around 3) Items in a container. There ARE 2 items or so that are on mobs that move around but only 2 out of at least 30. I hope that's enough information, if not, just let me know, and thanks for the help.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 10:58 am   

The first step in making such a bot would be to make a bot capable of walking you to a given location. In order to do that you must either know that the locations will always be one of X number of places and hence be path Y from another given location or you must map the entire mud. Next you must be able to correctly interpret each card and determine the exact location to walk to. Failing that the general location to wander about and some way to flag each room in that general vicinity as checked (this will again likely require mapping the entire mud).

You may then proceed to writing another bot that is capable of preforming all necessary combat actions for you. This includes fleeing, any all spells you will need to have cast either to attack the mob or defend yourself.

Next you will need another automation for examining corpses and grabbing desired items. The bot you actually requested would of course set the appropiate items as being desired.

200 days later we may be able to write all this, but in the mean time I would suggest you read the help and play around with a few small triggers to begin automating your life.
VanillaIce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:39 pm   

Ok, thanks for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: