Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Brother Marius
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 5:26 pm   

Teleporting auto-trigger?

I am playing in a wizard guild, and I've got this power called teleportation. Now, in order for me to be good at it and not fail it so often, I must use it a lot. So my question is: is it possible to print a screen of names, and that my client automatically remembers those names (puts them in a file or something), and then automatically teleports to them?

Like - 'who'

A the Warrior
B the Rogue
C the Sorcerer
D the Barbarian

Then my client remembers those names, and then does a teleport to A, teleport to B, teleport to C, teleport to D.

I have no idea whatsoever how to do such trigger, or even if it is possible?
Crymson4
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2001 6:49 pm   

Well, there's a few ways to approach this. If you want it to be automatic, set this up in a class, with a macro attached for easy activation/deactivation. For lack of anything better, use F5 as your macro, and have it's command be to turn on CLASS Teleport, and assign some variables.
#CLASS Teleport 1
#VAR A "the Warrior"
#VAR B "the Rogue"
#VAR C "the Sorcerer"
#VAR D "the Barbarian"
cast teleport @A << Optional line to make this automatic.
If you want this to be totally automatic, teleport to the first mob in the macro. If you want to start the teleporting, start adding things to your class folder.

Anyway,

Inside your class folder, set up a trigger with the following pattern (or whatever it is on your MUD)

#TRIGGER {You teleport to (%w)} {cast teleport @B}

If it doesn't matter which mob you are teleporting to, you could set up a %rand pattern, to teleport to one of the 4 mobs. I don't remember the exact syntax for %rand (it's at home, and I'm not) so I won't be posting here. I know there are some code holes here, but with some tweaking it should work really well. Sorry, I'm a little tired.

-=Crymson (spent a little too much time playing Final Fantasy X last night.. :( )

Someone once said "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man; and let history draw it's own conclusions.".
undergod
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2001 10:51 am   

Or you could do something like...

#var wholist

#trigger {^(%w) {the Warrior|the Rogue|the Sorcerer|the Barbarian}$} {#additem wholist %1}
#trigger {^End of who list$} {#forall {@wholist} {teleport %i}}

That would trigger on each person in a who list and add them to a string variable. Then, when the line "end of who list" appears, it will take the variable, and teleport to each person in the string.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: