Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
SoulbreaK
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 7:58 pm   

input text processing

I'm making an encryption script. It works and all but there's a problem when people enter things like "," or "@" and such that are used in commands. This throws the whole thing off. How can I get it to take those characters as literals and still be able to capture them. Script sample:

#ONINPUT {^mt(%w) (*)} {
#IF (%pos( ",", "%2") > 0) {
#SA %ansi( red, high)Please leave out the ',' <-- small attempt to help fix the problem -->
#ABORT 1
}
keyn = %random( 1, 10)
sastring = %concat( %item( @alphabet, %random( 1, 52)), "z")
sastring = %concat( @sastring, %item( @alphabet, @keyn), %item( @alphabet, %random( 1, 52)), "`")
#LOOP 1,%len( %2) {
TempVa1 = %ismember( %copy( %2, %i, 1), @alphabet)
#IF (0 < @TempVa1 AND @TempVa1 < 42) {sastring = %concat( @sastring, %item( @alphabet, @TempVa1+@keyn))} {sastring = %concat( @sastring, %IF( @TempVa1 > 41, "`", ""), %copy( %0, %i, 1))}
}
%1 @sastring
}

Waterdeep "City of Splendors"
Acaila
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 8:47 pm   

The first thing that would fix a few problems would be to quote the variable you capture your to encrypt string in.

#LOOP 1,%len( "%2") {TempVa1 = %ismember( %copy( "%2", %i, 1), @alphabet).......

This would take care of comma's, dots, punctuations and stuff, to take care of zMUD's special charcters you need to use %expand to keep them from being seen as special characters.

I have an encryption/decryption alias myself that I've been using for a while now. I never knew it malfunctioned on @ and ; and stuff (it handles all other characters perfectly) until I read this post and tested some things out.

Acaila
SoulbreaK
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:22 pm   

Solution worked great but created a new problem: The spaces between the words no longer show up. Now it just appears as all one word.

Waterdeep "City of Splendors"
Acaila
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2001 9:41 pm   

Must be the %concat thing. I've never figured that one out, so I never use it.
Maybe someone who does understand that function can help here?

Acaila
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: