Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 10:28 pm   

WoTMUD Communication Filter

A COM plugin (requires zMUD 6.1x+ to run) I made for WoTMUD (www.wotmud.org port 2222) that can cleanly capture/gag the MUD's communication channels. For more information, http://pub59.ezboard.com/fwotmud60802frm6.showMessage?topicID=122.topic

To get it, go to http://www.bussy.org/zMUDFiles/ and unzip the file into your zMUD directory. Then run zMUD, get to the MUD log on screen, go to the Plugins menu and click on Install plugins... This should bring up the Plugins dialog where you should click the Install... button and find and double-click the Comms.dll file (it may just be listed as Comms, depending on your system settings). That's it.

I feel obliged to tell you that you should only download plugins from trusted sources. A rogue plugin could execute arbitrary code on your system. An anti-virus program likely wouldn't pick up on this.

If you have qualms about installing it after I said all that (which you probably should), I can guarantee that it has none of those things and you can check out (shameless plug, I know :P) http://pub59.ezboard.com/fwotmud60802frm6 to see that I'm at least rather well-known there.

An informed public is a safer public.

Also available, we (myself and one of the MUD imms, Aennor) have made a modifier for the SpinningTimer prompt in the MUD, one that saves whenever you make a kill on the MUD and one that color-codes fighting so you can see what's happening at a glance.

- Charbal

[edit: removed direct program link in favor of newer WoTMUD plugin database]
Charbal
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 12:00 pm   

Looking back, that first post doesn't seem all too clear. Basically, the plugin can take input like this:

* HP:Healthy SP:Fading MV:Tiring > whe
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Li - The Wayfarer's Rest Inn
Kalos - Whitebridge Armoury
Dionus - Magnificent Square

* HP:Healthy SP:Fading MV:Tiring >
PlayerA chats 'Where can I sell meat?'

PKer narrates 'on them come'

PKer2 narrates 'Where?'
PKer3 narrates 'where'
PKer4 narrates 'how many?'

PlayerB chats 'Baerlon buys meat'

Rekar chats 'carving man in amadacia'

And if you set up the options capture/gag chats, just gag narrates and time stamp captured text, it turns into this:
Comms window:
1/12/02 2:47:08 AM: PlayerA chats 'Where can I sell meat?'
1/12/02 2:47:13 AM: PlayerB chats 'Baerlon buys meat'
1/12/02 2:47:14 AM: PlayerC chats 'carving man in amadacia'

Main window:
* HP:Healthy SP:Fading MV:Tiring > whe
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Li - The Wayfarer's Rest Inn
Kalos - Whitebridge Armoury
Dionus - Magnificent Square

Right now, this is MUD-specific, but users of MUDs with the same type of prompts/communications channels may be able to use it to varying degrees.

Is there much interest in me developing a more generic form that could be used on other MUDs if someone there wrote in the necessary prompt detection/line matching functions? Purely hypothetical at the moment and it may be too much work but I won't know unless I try and I won't try if no one wants it :P

- Charbal
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » Finished MUD Scripts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: