Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
eupher
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:40 am   

Trigger to intercept command input?

I'd like to make a spells queue so that no matter how fast I input spells, they only get sent to the mud one at a time. When I input a spell, I'd like it to get added to the queue. Then, as I receive output from the mud indicating a spell was cast... I'll throw the next spell in the queue. I'd like to avoid making an alias that I use when casting spells, and to instead use a trigger that fires whenever I attempt to send a command to the mud that starts with:

{c|ca|cas|cast} '

The problem is I'd like this trigger to intercept the command. I don't want the command sent until its turn in the queue.

I can figure out how to create and process the queue, but is there a way to use a command input trigger that blocks the command?

Thanks,
Eupher
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:09 am   

quote:

I'd like to make a spells queue so that no matter how fast I input spells, they only get sent to the mud one at a time. When I input a spell, I'd like it to get added to the queue. Then, as I receive output from the mud indicating a spell was cast... I'll throw the next spell in the queue. I'd like to avoid making an alias that I use when casting spells, and to instead use a trigger that fires whenever I attempt to send a command to the mud that starts with:

{c|ca|cas|cast} '

The problem is I'd like this trigger to intercept the command. I don't want the command sent until its turn in the queue.

I can figure out how to create and process the queue, but is there a way to use a command input trigger that blocks the command?

Thanks,
Eupher

An #ONINPUT trigger with an #IF conditional should work. Unless you don't want it to trigger in a multiple-command situation (ie, cast 'spell';cast 'spell'), you're probably going to have to use %* instead of *.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
eupher
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2001 2:18 am   

I'm not sure what solution you are suggesting here. What condition would you put in the #IF? Or more importantly, what command would you use to block the input being sent to the mud?

Yes, I want it to work in multiple input situations.. that is largely the goal.

#15 cast 'detect invis'

should add 15 entries to the spells queue, and start sending them one at a time as each one fires. It should not immediately send all 15 at once... which leads to my question:

How do you prevent the input commands from being sent to the mud?

Eupher
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: