Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Crymson4
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:45 am   

Calling a trigger like a goto statement?

Is it possible to have zmud call another trigger, from within one?

Let's say that I have a %rand speech pattern set up.

Suppose it was "I'm hungry, Let's eat, or Where's the beef?"

And I wanted it to rotate between the text msg. That's simple enough, the %rand.

Well, let's say then, that I wanted to effect a trigger to "eat meat sack" when I said either of the three things.

I don't want to make 3 triggers based on what I said. Can I just create a command list, in a macro or something, and zmud call it on it's own? Just tell it where to go, and execute the commands contained within?

Thanks.

-Crymson
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 6:13 am   

quote:

Is it possible to have zmud call another trigger, from within one?

Let's say that I have a %rand speech pattern set up.

Suppose it was "I'm hungry, Let's eat, or Where's the beef?"

And I wanted it to rotate between the text msg. That's simple enough, the %rand.

Well, let's say then, that I wanted to effect a trigger to "eat meat sack" when I said either of the three things.

I don't want to make 3 triggers based on what I said. Can I just create a command list, in a macro or something, and zmud call it on it's own? Just tell it where to go, and execute the commands contained within?

Thanks.

-Crymson

This is using a message from the MUD I play:

#trigger {Your stomach growls.} {#case %rand(1,3) {'I'm hungry} {'Let's eat} {'Where's the beef?}}

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Crymson4
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 6:39 am   

That wasn't quite what I meant.

So it'll do the cast %rand and say one of the three, but then, how do I get zmud to "eat meat sack" reguardless of what I say, without setting up another trigger on the pattern of "You say 'I'm hungry'" another on on "You say 'Where's the beef?'" etc etc.

I want to know if I can make the "eat meat sack" a "function" and have that function called when I say one of the 3 cases.
Acaila
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 7:37 am   

I could be misunderstanding you too, but wouldn't it be far easier to just have it as a second value in your trigger. put a ";" after the first one and then just put "eat meat sack" there.

Acaila
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 4:10 pm   

Taking Matt's and Acaila's suggestions together, you'd get something like:

#TR {Your stomach growls.} {#CASE %rand(1,3) {'I'm hungry} {'Let's eat} {'Where's the beef?};eat meat sack}

LightBulb
Crymson4
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 8:01 pm   

Heh, once again simplicity rules over idiocy.

I was making far too hard on myself. Thanks to all you guys who helped me pull my head out my rear and make it work. :)

-=Crymson

Reality is the effect of alcohol deficiency
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 7:29 am   

quote:

That wasn't quite what I meant.

So it'll do the cast %rand and say one of the three, but then, how do I get zmud to "eat meat sack" reguardless of what I say, without setting up another trigger on the pattern of "You say 'I'm hungry'" another on on "You say 'Where's the beef?'" etc etc.

I want to know if I can make the "eat meat sack" a "function" and have that function called when I say one of the 3 cases.

I totally forgot about the eating part, but it should have been obvious or rather easy to figure out. At any rate, what I wrote could be used as a sort of personal tell to remind you of things. Heh, sometimes it's just plain rude to whip out your brown-bag lunch in the fancy restaurant you took your spouse/important business client to.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: