Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
blkfury

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:25 am   

Automapper and entrances/portals

Is there any way I can link a room to a portal on the map, then speedwalk to what is inside the portal?

Here's a quick example, on my MUD:
There is a hive in a room that I may or may not want to enter. If I want to enter it, how do I do it without typing 'enter hive' every time I get to the room? Once in the hive, I must recall out, so it will be one way as well, but some entrances in the area are two ways.

Can somebody help me with this?
BlkFury
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 8:35 am   

Create the hive as an extra room, and the entrance to it as a normal room link from the first room, using an 'other' exit with text 'enter hive'. You can then speedwalk to it, by just clicking on the hive 'room'.
You can set the link to one-way as well.

Lady C.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 11:31 am   

If you have not changed the default special characters then you can use the command ">enter hive" to create the room with proper exit command. You will have to set it oneway manually. I would reccommend standing in the room with the hive after you set the oneway and test to make sure you set it in the correct direction. Use this command for that test "#SHOW %walk(roomnum)" replace the roomnum with the number displayed by mousing over the hive. If it shows "enter hive" on the screen then you have the one way set right.
Another item to note is that some muds do not display the room information when you enter such portals, they may insteadd display some special text or even nothing. I recommend you verify which case will occur and set a room script with the look command if needed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: