Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Otapo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:57 am   

Using database fields in variables

I have a populated database that has mob names and mob levels.

What im trying to do is to run a %find("%1",MB) to find all mobs with a given name, and then i want to be able to output all the possible levels.

So what i was thinking is that i can put the result of find into a variable (naturally it should be stored as a String List delimited by | (as seen by #SHOW)).

From there i want to know how i can output just the level ranges, something along the lines of @<var1>.level @<var2>.level and so on into a new variable while will then be outputted. I want them all to be one line.

For exaple :
I have a mob: Gremlin. He has 4 different levels, 15,16,17,and 18. I have those in the database. When I see the gremlin, i have a #SUB and use MXP so i can have the send command output the variable of all his possible levels.

I would also be interested in doing different things depending on his level.
I saw that you can have multiple MXP commands when you right click it opens the menu.

Is there anyway i would be able to have a dynamic menu populated by my database?

If more clarification is needed, just specify what you need and i can try to further detail it. It is hard for me to comprhend it enought to explain it well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: