Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Junker23

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 5:06 pm   

If statements

Is it possible to have an if command turn off a class? I get a sytnax error when using the following: %if( @conc<"10", #class combat 0)

Also is it possible to perform two commands when an if statement is true? For example: %if( @conc<"1", @leavedir and heal)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 6:58 pm   

What you are using is the IF function (%IF), which requires that all arguments be present. You get a syntax error because you left out the false response argument. You're also trying to use a "less than" operator with a string value ("10") instead of a numerical value (10), I'm not sure what the result will be.

The simplest solution would be to switch to the IF command (#IF), where the false response is optional and multiple commands are easily done.

#IF (@conc < 10) {#CLASS combat 0}
#IF (@conc < 1) {@leavedir;heal}

LightBulb
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 9:29 am   

Turning off a class is done with #T- combat (and turning on with #T+ combat)

Lady C.
decantor
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 3:14 pm   

You are probably running into problems simply because 1 is also less than 10. Unless the @leavedir;heal trigger(as well as the leavedir variable) is in a different class than 'combat', once the @conc variable is less than 10, your <1 trigger will no longer fire.

#IF (@conc < 10)&&(@conc > 1) {#t- combat}#IF (@conc < 1){[@leavedir;heal] #abort}
Junker23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:06 pm   

Is there a way to differntiate between 10 and 1?
Junker23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:10 pm   

Let me explain some more. I have a trigger set up in the default (no)class. The trigger is as follows: #IF (@conc<1) {off;he;@leavedir} The trigger kicks on everytime @conc is less than 10. Is there anyway to fix this problem?
decantor
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:24 pm   

define what it should do when @conc is less than 10 but greater than one using:

#IF (@conc > 1)&&(@conc < 10) {whatever_you_want_to_do}
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 6:01 pm   

What is the value of @conc? That is, what is the script that creates/updates it? Are you sure it's a number and not a string? As I already pointed out, string comparisons don't work the same as numerical comparisons and it's only a numerical comparison if both sides are numerical.

Note to Lady C: I thought about pointing out the #T+/#T- commands, but reading through the helpfile for #CLASS it appears to be a proper, if unusual, method of controlling the class.

LightBulb
Junker23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 12:08 am   

Well the trigger I am using to store the variable is C: &conc Is there a way to make sure that this is stored as a number?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 8:08 am   

quote:

Well the trigger I am using to store the variable is C: &conc Is there a way to make sure that this is stored as a number?

Yep. You can modify your trigger pattern from 'C: &conc' to 'C: (%d)'. The pattern will ensure the trigger ONLY fires when a number appears where (%d) is. Then in the Value section of the trigger you'd assign %1 to @conc (ie, @conc = %1 or #VAR conc %1).

EDIT: technically, all variables are stored as strings. I haven't a clue if the mathematical functions actually validate the data given to it, though.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: