Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
arnlof

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:28 am   

access violation

i get the folowing error after running zmud connected for a while. i keep getting little windows popping up with the following message. Access violation at address 004BA4Bc in module Zmud.exe. read of address FFFFFFFF.
any ideas what might couse this? it just started happening.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 11:49 am   

Does it just happen randomly with no apparent cause at all or does it seem to happen after something you do or some other consitent action?

Perhaps your settings file is corrupted. Try following the instructions here to fix corrupted settings files.

Kjata
arnlof

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 3:58 am   

well, i was connected to a mud and it was going fine. i typed look then it went wierd on me with those error windows. they just piled up one on another. i had to quit the program. i ran it again with the same mud and it did the exact same thing. it doesnt do it anywhere else. just that one and i have no idea whats causing it.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 5:24 am   

quote:

well, i was connected to a mud and it was going fine. i typed look then it went wierd on me with those error windows. they just piled up one on another. i had to quit the program. i ran it again with the same mud and it did the exact same thing. it doesnt do it anywhere else. just that one and i have no idea whats causing it.

It's most likely a rogue trigger or alias associated with the command (either by the command itself or by the output it creates). Sometimes you'll hit the wrong set of buttons and you'll unknowingly make one; sometimes you'll be working in the Settings Editor, switch to do something in the main window, and totally forget you haven't clicked on the main window to give it focus; and sometimes you'll get an error of some kind which will corrupt your settings, resulting in entirely random things replacing the proper contents of aliases, triggers, buttons, etc.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: