Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Arthaey
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 8:50 am   

Offline Mapping

With zMud 5.55, I remember being able to create a map zone, disconnect from my mud, and then use the direction keys to walk around the mapped area and read its descriptions. I'm still using 5.55, but I can no longer get the mapper to move from the initial "current position" room when I type in directions.

What option/command should I try so that I can read descs of mapped areas offline again?

Thanks in advance,
Arthaey
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:08 pm   

As 5.55 is one major version behind, and several beta versions behind, it'll be harder to find support for your question using that, than using 6.16.

The upgrade is free to registered users, and the version is well worth downloading.

zMUD 6 Online Help: All the power you'll ever need.
Arthaey
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 12:34 am   

I've wanted to upgrade to 6.16, but I had an odd problem with it that I couldn't solve.

When I imported my trigger files, they all functioned -- the highlight triggers colored text as they were supposed to, etc. However, when I opened the editor window to check that all the trigger syntax was acceptable after moving from 5.55 to 6.16, the editor window was completely white. There were no visible scrollbars, but I could use the arrow keys to move the cursor up out of sight. I tried looking at a list of the triggers instead of one sinlge trigger's commands, but I had the same problem of not being able to view anything.

If I could view and therefore edit my triggers/aliases/etc, then I would probably switch over to 6.16. Any help on this problem, in addition to my aforementioned mapping problem, would be greatly appreciated!

--
Arthaey
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 6:01 pm   

The 6.16 problem sounds like a windows/resources issue. What version of windows do you use?

Arthaey
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 10:55 pm   

I was running Win98 at the time. I now have Win2000, but I haven't tried 6.16 yet with my new system. However, I had either 128 or 512 memory, and I wasn't running anything other programs at the time.

What else might have caused the editor window to not scroll/display properly?

--
Arthaey
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 11:02 pm   

In win98, no matter how much ram you have, you're limited to 128k of system resources. Stupid, isn't it? Try 6.16 on Win2k and I'm sure you'll find it more agreeable.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: