Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 3:36 am   

Need Help with Automapper

I'm trying to map an area, and the builder made it with 4 levels. The problem is that levels dont add up right, and one part of the area ends up one lvl lower than it should, because it connects horizontally to a room on the lvl above it...

So what I did was put that part into a zone of its own, but still i cant connect it to that one room. I tried creating a room in the original zone, off of the room I wanted to connect to, then sent the room to the new zone...but that room is still one lvl above the room i want to merge it to...

Anyway, any help would be great, sorry if this is hard to understand....
Castaway
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 1:53 pm   

Kinda hard to understand what you are trying to do.. but anyfish..

You have a room, where when you go east (for example) you come out in a room on the level above ? That should be easy to link manually.. Delete the link going east, open the room properties on the 'exits' tag, do a right click in the list of exits on the left, choose 'new link'. On the left side of the exit, choose which direction its going out of the current room, now click on the little '' button on the right-hand side (Relink link) and go back to the map, up a level, and click on the room it comes out in. Then just set the exit here correctly, and it should work....

You follow?

Lady C.
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 8:13 am   

I follow ya, and thanks, worked like a charm :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: