Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Lamoon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 5:34 pm   

#GAG problems

I've been using scripts to blank out certain lines being recieved from the mud that I don't want to see. The problem is that if I just uses #GAG then I get a blank line and it scrolls a bunch of blank lines, which I don't want. If I use #GAG -1 then it jumps about, and erases other lines I do want, for whatever reason #GAG 2 or anythign else that I've tried, like a combination of
#GAG
#GAG -1

doesn't work either. I know I'm probably missing something very simple, but I'm not a trigger guru.

Thanks!

Instant Gratification takes too long.
--Carrie Fisher
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 1:15 am   

quote:

I've been using scripts to blank out certain lines being recieved from the mud that I don't want to see. The problem is that if I just uses #GAG then I get a blank line and it scrolls a bunch of blank lines, which I don't want. If I use #GAG -1 then it jumps about, and erases other lines I do want, for whatever reason #GAG 2 or anythign else that I've tried, like a combination of
#GAG
#GAG -1

doesn't work either. I know I'm probably missing something very simple, but I'm not a trigger guru.

Thanks!

--Carrie Fisher

#trigger {^$} {#gag}

Not sure where the nameID goes in the command syntax, but I'd set the ID to something like 'tNoBlank'. Then, in those few instances where you need/don't need the blank lines gagged you can simply disable or enable the trigger as needed.

li'l shmoe of Dragon's Gate MUD
Lamoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 5:13 am   

well, the problem isn't that it is always on, the problem is that its not gagging the blank lines, so I get a scroll of blanks...irritating.

--Carrie Fisher
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 2:18 am   

quote:

well, the problem isn't that it is always on, the problem is that its not gagging the blank lines, so I get a scroll of blanks...irritating.

--Carrie Fisher

I see I forgot to mention that trigger should be kept in the None folder or the master in-game folder, if you have one. Also, if you use that trigger, you need to change any #gag;#gag -1 or other fancy setups to only gag the needed text.

Other than that, the trigger should work. By the way, which version are you using? There was a problem with the trigger pattern I mentioned not getting properly recognized by ZMud and so it never would fire. Don't recall which version the problem was fixed in, but I think it was around 6.14-6.16.

Lamoon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 7:28 am   

I'm using the latest version of Zmud, and I'm still having the problem with the blank line scroll. It certainly captures the line and puts it in the window I want it in, but it leaves a nice blank line in the main window, which, since I want quite a bit gagged, does leave a lot of black space there.

Any other suggestions?

--Carrie Fisher
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:10 pm   

I haven't tested this, but see if you can anchor your triggers to a newline at the end. For instance

(%w) tells you '(*)'$

Like I said, it's untested, but if you #Gag that, it *might* take the empty line with it. I don't have zMUD installed at work, or I'd play with it to find out for you.

zMUD 6 Online Help: All the power you'll ever need.
Lamoon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 10:19 pm   

Well, I tried that and it didn't gag, nor did it capture the line into the other window.

I'm starting to think it isn't going to happen..

--Carrie Fisher
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 12:16 am   

quote:

Well, I tried that and it didn't gag, nor did it capture the line into the other window.

I'm starting to think it isn't going to happen..

--Carrie Fisher

If Darker's trigger pattern didn't capture the line, then you more than likely have extra whitespace still sitting on the line. The pattern of ^$ equates to NULL, which is technically different from " "--thus the reason it doesn't fire. The pattern of ^%s$ should cover this up nicely.

Lamoon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 6:51 pm   

Okay...let's see. I've tried all the suggestions, and originally, I had no trouble capturing the line into another window. Even with the ^$ it still spits out the blank line in the main window. Using %s keeps the line from being captured. (odd)

I am using it on the same game as you, Matt, so maybe you can tell me EXACTLY what you're using as it may be specific to that code. Or maybe my Zmud is just wonky and needs to be fixed. ;)

If you can figure this out, I'll owe ya, but as of now, I guess I'll live with the HUGE black scroll down of blanks.

--Carrie Fisher
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:39 pm   

quote:

Okay...let's see. I've tried all the suggestions, and originally, I had no trouble capturing the line into another window. Even with the ^$ it still spits out the blank line in the main window. Using %s keeps the line from being captured. (odd)

I am using it on the same game as you, Matt, so maybe you can tell me EXACTLY what you're using as it may be specific to that code. Or maybe my Zmud is just wonky and needs to be fixed. ;)

If you can figure this out, I'll owe ya, but as of now, I guess I'll live with the HUGE black scroll down of blanks.

--Carrie Fisher

hmm, I DID tell you exactly what I'm using. Maybe there's something else in my triggers that is interacting with the MUD to allow the blank-line trigger to work, but all I did to create this trigger was:

1)open the settings editor (you should now be looking at the contents of the <none> folder)
2)click the New button and select trigger from the menu
3)where it says Pattern: I put in ^$
4)where it says Value: I put in #gag
5)I then combed through all my existing triggers and changed any #gag;#gag -1 to #gag.

I named the trigger tBlank, but I don't think I'm enabling or disabling the trigger anymore.

Anyways, perhaps some specific examples might shed some light on this. The problem could very well not be with the blank-line trigger, but with some other trigger.

P.S. I assume by "latest version" you're meaning version 6.16?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: