Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Slugworth83

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:52 am   

Beginner Triggers

I'm doing my best, but really struggling with anything beyond a 1 step simple trigger ( x dies --> loot corpse).

There are spell components that load on some mobs, but there are only a handful of these components that are relevant to my character. What I'd like to set up is a trigger that works something like:

Mob Dies --> "examine corpse" ---> if there are a, b, or c components, look those components, otherwise nothing.

I current use 3 triggers to "loot a component", "loot b component", and "loot c component"... but since most mobs have none of those, it causes a ton of extra spam and delay when i'm fighting stuff. Any help?
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:01 am   

There are several way to go about this, but having some actual in-game descriptions from 'x corpse' or like outputs to refine the options.

personally, I would look at $relevantComponents = "componentA|componentB|componentC" then #IF (%ismember(%i,$relevantComponents)) {get %i}

(I may have commands wrong, it's been a couple months since I've touched cmud for personal enjoyment... but the gist is there and others can chime in on this method.)
Slugworth83

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:14 am   

chaossdragon wrote:
There are several way to go about this, but having some actual in-game descriptions from 'x corpse' or like outputs to refine the options.

personally, I would look at $relevantComponents = "componentA|componentB|componentC" then #IF (%ismember(%i,$relevantComponents)) {get %i}

(I may have commands wrong, it's been a couple months since I've touched cmud for personal enjoyment... but the gist is there and others can chime in on this method.)

Thanks for the idea, that makes sense. The issue I was having earlier i think was that not all mobs would drop something and the trigger would break as soon as it encountered a corpse with nothing to loot. Do I need a way to “turn it off” in those cases so it resets?

I wasn’t using an IF command though, so maybe that would fix it.
chaossdragon
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:20 am   

it shouldn't 'break' but wouldn't fire off as no match would be found. Again without a few samples of in-game prompts it's hard to offer much. Hope the method helps find your solution :)
Slugworth83

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 11:28 pm   

Okay, made some progress on this while I read through the manuals, etc. Still a long ways off though!

I set up a String List called @Comps which I'm using put in all the components I want to loot. My alias is "loot", like this:

examine 1.corpse;
#IF %ismember(%1,@Comps) {get %i}

The mud output is like:

It's a pretty ghastly sight! Searching through the remains, you find:
corpse (here) :
a tiny acorn
an archaic rune-etched battle staff
a milky potion

In this case, I'd want this particular trigger to look the tiny acorn and nothing else (the acorn is on @comps)
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:13 am   

This one is a bit trickier.
I assume there is a blank line at the end of the display?

Code:
#TRIGGER {corpse ~(here~) :} {} //This trigger is only needed to define your start condition. It is state 0.
#CONDITION {*} {
  $this=%trim(%line)
  #IF (%ismember($this, @comps)) {get $this}
  #IF ($this) {#STATE 1} //This checks to see if we have a blank line (our end condition), and refreshes the trigger state so it will keep running until we get one.
  } {within|param=1} //This tells the condition to only be active for the next X line(s) .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: