Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
fox
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:39 pm   

Module/package disappeared

Not sure exactly the steps to reproduce, but I've found some posts about corruption. I've been trying to re-import the XML but here's the status:

Had a module/package called Common with lots of settings. It was usually available as a tab in settings editor regardless of which character profile (all same MUD) was open. All of a sudden, the tab is there, no settings at all (gasp.) However, triggers and aliases all still respond.

I even closed CMUD, deleted the Common.pkg file, fired up a few sessions, and the aliases/triggers STILL responded. The package is listed in the session's included package files, but I never see a "Common" tab any more.

I can create a new package, and try importing, but it only imports about 25% of the settings, and no classes. Some of the successful imports are from classes, some are just root-level. I can't see how it's discriminating, but all the settings are definitely in the XML.

Is there some other method of importing XML? Why are the settings still responsive even though the file is physically gone from disk??
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:46 pm   

I have seen settings become attached to the map before.

You need a clean export to Import properly, and if your settings are corrupt, well, you might not get it all.

This is why proper backup procedures are good form.

Unfortunately, you may have to recreate some things if you don't have a backup version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: