Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mbeckman
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:09 pm   

CMUD entering a direction when I did not enter a direction

Hi. I recently encountered a problem. I will start typing something and the system will input a direction. Meaning, I can start typing "where" but the cmud just enters "n" or "w" or "e" or "s" and my character moves, all while I'm still typing "where" and before I ever hit enter. Any ideas? Preventing me from playing, so would be grateful for a fix. Thank you! Note that it's not just when I type a word starting with a direction - i type "look" and all of a sudden my character moves a pace west or east or north or south. I emailed help and was told:

"You can fix that in your settings file. The default sets some of your text keys to act as arrow keys, because once upon a time laptop keyboards didn't make arrow keys easy."

I then responded asking how to do that, where to go, what to click, etc. I was told to get that, I must post here. So I post here. I would be grateful for specific instructions how to fix.

Thank you and happy new year, all.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:16 pm   

I have that issue occasionally when returning to CMUD from other windows.
The best answer for it I have found is to simply click on another window within CMUD, then click back to the main window.
At that point, typing works normally again.
Not sure what the root issue is though.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:59 am   

Thank you, I tried, but did not help. I switched to another window, switched back, and sure enough, I started typing "aff" and all of a sudden my character moved west, CMUD entered a "w" command.

Anyone with any information on where in settings to address, or anything else, please do let me know, I would be very grateful. Thank you!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:36 pm   

It has to be a window within CMUD itself, like the map.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:28 pm   

I did that. I switched from one game to another, both in the CMUD. Thanks though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: