Play RetroMUD
MissApathy
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:14 am   

Temperamental Trigger Issues for Prompt Values

Hi guys,

I have a weird issue with grabbing my prompt values

Example of Prompt:
([ 4:54 pm]) [HP:896/896 MA:303/303 MV:741/741] [W/A:0 Flee:0] [Tanking:no one] Standing)>

Pattern I currently use:
~[HP:&chp/&maxhp MA:&cma/&maxma MV:&cmv/&maxmv~]

Currently this stores my HP/MA values correctly and the MV values are:

cmv=0
maxmv=A:0 Flee:0] [Tanking:no one

I've tried enabling ANSI color, I added the brackets around the HP/MA/MV values to try and "terminate" them a bit more, I tried using %1 %2 etc and manually setting them in the trigger....

Anyone got any suggestions? I guess im looking for a way to say hey only ever care about this pattern, ignore everything around it

Thanks in advance
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 am   

From #HELP #TRIGGER:
Remember that &varname is equivalent to (*), so it will normally match both text and numbers.

Extend your pattern so that the [W/A stuff is included, it is currently being assumed to be part of your variable because there is more than one ] after your explicit pattern.

Alternatively, set the type of your data in the pattern: (&maxmv:%d)
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:45 pm   

Thanks heaps for your help Shalimar, so i tried it this way, the help file looked like it used braces so I used those, but I tried with regular brackets too... and I manually set all the variables to only hold integers and it still doesn't work

~[HP:{&chp:%d}/{&maxhp:%d} MA:{&cma:%d}/{&maxma:%d} MV:{&cmv:%d}/{&maxmv:%d}~]

The challenge with using the full pattern is the rest of the prompt changes depending which character I am playing, the Tanking part is only shown on my tank, the tanks HPs are instead shown on my healer etc.
I did consider putting the prompt tracking stuff in a class subfolder for each alt but I also couldn't get this to work even when I did include all of the fields for completeness?

I'm really surprised we dont have a method to say stop matching at this point, but I also really dont understand why everything else sets correctly, only MV doesnt... youd think if it was simply matching after the ] at least the cmv variable would be right but it always read as 0.
MissApathy
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:27 pm   

Oh actually, I did end up making a few sets of this trigger and dumping them in the class folders for each type of character, and they seem to be working now that I can match the entire prompt.

Thanks again Shalimar for pointing me in the right direction.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:22 pm   

#HELP triggers
Shows the syntax with the parenthesis as I used in my example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: