Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:57 am   

Dear developers

Why is the database module still broken?

Why are you charging 2019 prices for 2011 software?

Why do you not respond to any support messages with the exception of those that relate to money?
teion
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:01 pm   Re: Dear developers

hpoonis2010 wrote:
Why is the database module still broken?

Why are you charging 2019 prices for 2011 software?

Why do you not respond to any support messages with the exception of those that relate to money?

This product has been at its end of life for a long time now. If you have questions that can be answered
on the public forums that is the best way to get a response.
hpoonis2010
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:54 am   

It costs enough for an 'end-of-life' product. In fact the prices are the same as for when it was in-life product.

If the developers cannot be arsed then open the code to others to deal with fixes, upgrades, etc. Frankly, just dumping the problems on the community while keeping the loot seems like a shitty attitude.
mikeC130
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:01 pm   

As has been noted in several threads, the code cannot be "opened," as much of it has been licensed from other vendors, and is not the property of zuggsoft. Quite possibly this prevents them from dropping the price significantly as well, as they may still be paying license fees for any new sales.

Mike
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:59 pm   

It is precisely because the database module was broken that json variables were implemented.
They allow for a much more resource effecient means of accessing the data.

You would be better served trying to understand that system then casting insults because you prefer what you are familiar with.
If you are that unhappy with the product, reach out for a refund.
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 am   

It was not me that publicly touted a product that does not (apparently) completely function, which was supposed to replace a product that did (apparently) completely function.

It would not be beyond the realms of possibility to bring in someone else to work on the code/fix bugs and offer some financial incentive for a third party to do so.

After all, one can pick up actively developed, legitimate versions/licences of Windows10 (actively developed) for less cost than one could purchase cMUD for (no development for more than 8 years).

I paid more for Windows 7 than I could for Windows 10. The latter supercedes the former. I paid the same amount for cMUD that I did for zMUD.

Given I have paid for both over the years, I believe I can quite happly have cause for being dissatisfied when there is also no active input from the developers in any way, shape or form: for the software or post-sales support.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:38 pm   

I'm not going to debate apples and oranges with you.
Your options have been clearly outlined.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: