Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chadvdb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:38 pm   

Cmud toolbar

I was required to log in 2 separate sessions on the same mud at the same time. Only way I could see to do that was to create a new connection while the original was running. While doing this I received an error sound and window. Closed the window as I was nearly finished. When done, I closed out all, then reopened cmud and connected to new connection. Ever since then, the toolbar for Cmud in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen is yellow. It will occasionally randomly turn red and an error message sound will occur, but no error window. Done everything I can think of to figure this out, but I'm no guru so my expertise is quite limited. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you need more info, please let me know.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:03 pm   

Sounds like one of the child windows in your session is trying to make a connection and failing.
Once you figure out which window, open up the settings editor, navigate to the window in question, switch to the advanced tab, and select no network connection.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:13 am   

shalimar wrote:
Sounds like one of the child windows in your session is trying to make a connection and failing.
Once you figure out which window, open up the settings editor, navigate to the window in question, switch to the advanced tab, and select no network connection.
Thank you. I am certain you are correct. However, I cannot figure how to do what you said. Imagine your are explaining to a 10 year old, or a 70 year old. ;) Thank you.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:56 pm   

Open the settigs editor (any of the big buttons along the top, like Triggers will do this).
Select one of your windows (the icon looks like three stacked pieced of paper).
Select the advanced tab (at the bottom, on the right side, where it displays the properties of the selected setting)
Only the main, connecting windows should have a network connection, all others should have 'no network connection' selected.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:48 pm   

shalimar wrote:
Open the settigs editor (any of the big buttons along the top, like Triggers will do this).
Select one of your windows (the icon looks like three stacked pieced of paper).
Select the advanced tab (at the bottom, on the right side, where it displays the properties of the selected setting)
Only the main, connecting windows should have a network connection, all others should have 'no network connection' selected.
That's it. Perfect. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: