Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rabek
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm   

Restricting Package Access

So here is what I am trying to do:

I sometimes have several alts on multiple different games. I am trying to have one package for each game with the aliases and triggers I need for every character, and then a character-specific main package that has character-unique triggers and aliases.

The problem happens when I play two different games; the aliases for the first game are accessible in the second game and vice-versa. Is there a way to make it so that a package only shares its contents for windows that opt-in only?

Another way to explain it:

If one session uses the English Keypad macro, then a second session opened at the same time will use it even if that particular session has it disabled. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:22 pm   

The easiest method would be to run a separate instance of CMUD for each character.
You want a main session package for each character (typically named for that character).
Along with a communal package for any shared settings that will be added to each of the main ones.

But for what you are describing, i think you could get away with opening up your settings, going in and selecting the character specific window, go to the advanced tab for that window, and uncheck the packages you dont want to have scope to that window.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:36 am   

You know, I thought I tried messing with window settings. That seemed to do it!

Thank you very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: