Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JRSteensen
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:33 pm   

Automapper Questions: Voice activated exits and MDSP Exits

Never really played much with the automapper and just now starting to dive into it.

Looking for a few things: Voice activated exits are a major thing in my MUD.

Exits may be activated via a variety of keywords - enter, exit, leave, confirm, or directions "i.e. "say north". How do I canpture these while mapping, and how do I have them sent while speedwalking?

Also, we have voice activated turbolifts. A turbolift landing (where you can call the turbolift) is identified by the tag " [Turbolift Landing]" in the room name. In these rooms, you "say turbolift" to call it. Then, you enter it when it arrives. Turbolifts are identified by the tag " [Turbolift]" in the room name. There is a series of keywords you can call, usually something like "say 1" or "say 5".

Finally, I would like to capture the vnums of rooms, based on the MDSP captured variable "ROOMVNUM".

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:24 pm   

Well, the most comprehensive way is by editing the individual exits of a given room on the exits tab of the room properties window.
Specifically, the 'name' field is what contains any alternate command(s) for going in that direction.

In cases where you are using an elevator, I find it easier to duplicate the elevator room on every floor of the layout and use #TRIGGERs and the #TELEPORT command to move the #LOCATION dot around accordingly.
#TRIGGERs are also useful for when there is a delay between calling the elevator, and it arriving for you to actually be able to enter it.

There is a shorthand method for this, but I think it only edits one-half of a given exit. there is no way to set the return commands to my knowledge, save going through the above method.
Assuming I remember the proper syntax...:

north:crawl crevice:

Also, you need to have the map in mapping mode to make any of these edits, so be sure to turn it back to follow when you are done.

i would make use of:

#EVENT onRoomEnter (#IF (%match(%roomname, "Turbolift Landing")) {#T+ someTurbolifeClass} {#IF (%class(someTurbolifeClass)) {#T- someTurboliftClass}}

Or something similar to only turn on the turmolift code as needed.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:33 am   

Awesome! That is a great jumping off point. Thank you.

How can I pull the ROOMVNUM variable to the automapper as the room vnum while mapping?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:41 am   

%roomvnum should work
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: