Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
vtom123

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:33 pm   

CMUD - Cannot open another session

I'm evaluating CMUD and considering purchasing but I'm running into a huge issue. After opening a few different sessions to 2 different profiles, eventually something gets corrupted and "#session secondChar" or "Another char -> connect" doesn't work. I'm unable to open another window unless I close everything, and reopen it.

I'm able to reproduce this pretty frequently and each of my windows have 0 triggers/aliases/settings, it's a pretty fresh install. Is this a known issue or what might I be doing wrong?

Thanks for your help
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:55 pm   

I think that command probably did not get tested much. I would suggest you open the multiple sessions you want and then save that into a single multi-session layout. Once correctly saved you can use double-click a single icon in the Sessions window to load everything.
vtom123

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:15 pm   

Opening a new session did not get tested very much? Are most people only playing with 1 profile? That seems very strange to me... I'm not only using #session, I've tried doing that and opening a profile manually.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:32 pm   

I typically run separate instances rather than stacked sessions.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:33 pm   

Opening a new session got tested plenty. Opening a second session much less. Using the #SESSION command to open that second session, even less.

It used to be common for servers to ban playing multiple characters at the same time, and some MUD's would even take action against players that had any interactions between alternate characters. Given that bit of history, perhaps now you can understand why multiplaying never got a lot of testing.

There are a lot of different ways to do the same things in CMud. Perhaps if you provide a complete description of what you want to do, I can suggest another way.
vtom123

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:46 pm   

@shalimar separate instances of cmud? yikes, that'll eat memory...some muds I play ip4-5 and sometimes I like to play multiple muds at once

@vijilante thanks for the suggestion...not sure how to be more clear, basically I want to play 2 muds at the same time, lol
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:57 am   

I have rarely tried playing more than two characters at once, whether on the same game or not.
Given the rules most games have against boting, there is really no point to having that many active characters without demeaning the social aspect of the hobby...
So the memory drain is not noticed much, besides, I have RAM to spare for a reason.
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 am   

My most common set up is my builder, a two or three play characters, a chat window and an editor box. And I've had that for a few months now, I did what was mentioned before, opened new sessions and save them all under one name/file. Works beautiful, and I can turn off a window here or there is needed. I haven't tried using either of those commands though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: