Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
denniscjr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:17 pm   

CMud Licensing and issues

So I haven't been on my MUD in about 2 years and decided hey lets go visit some old friends. I hopped on here and downloaded ZMud to realize it doesn't work on my Windows 7 machine. I briefly remember this happening before and thought I did something that made it work but can't seem to get it to work right now. So I realized CMud is now the way to go. First question is... will my ZMud license work for CMud or will I now have to purchase CMud? Also, I am now using the trial version of CMud, why are my aliases not working? I used to simply type them in and hit enter now they dont do anything but if I right click and hit execute they work. Am I missing an option somewhere?
chris123zugg
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:28 pm   

you have to convert zmud to cmud, there is an option to do so when you load zmud package files into cmud. and yes, you will have to pruchase cmud as it's a new client.
teutelquessir

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:03 pm   

I bought a license for ZMUD years ago and was able to apply it to my CMUD which I use on my desktop computer. Do I need to buy another license to install CMUD on my laptop computer?
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:01 pm   

CMud is considered an entirely different product from zMud. You will have to purchase it if you choose to use CMud. After purchase you would request a key code from the store. That key may be used on multiple computers but will only remain valid for a number of days. Once the key expires you would have to request another. You can request keys as many times as you need, but there is a time restriction between requests.

Some people still use zMud, and your previous purchase of that product will still be valid.
teutelquessir

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:37 am   

I do currently have a valid license for CMUD which I'm running on my desktop. I can request the key for it again so I can use that same license to install CMUD on my laptop?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:09 pm   

Yes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: