Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
derekconlon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:46 pm   

CMUD and Logging

I'm trying to write a C# program that reads the .txt files generated by CMUD logging my MUD session.

CMUD doesn't appear to change the lastwrite time or lastaccess information for the file during every write?

C# only detects the file being updated every minute or so.

Is there anyway to change this and make CMUD logs allow C# to detect every change?

Or if my question doesn't make sense, is there any way to get more info on how the #LOG command is working?

when i type #log and turn the logging off C# detects it everytime so my guess is that for some reason CMUD isn't updating the lastwrite, lastaccess or size (those are the 3 attributes i'm looking for in C#) during every write.

Not sure if there is a fix for this but it would be nice if I could actively monitor a log file for CMUD.

or is there another solution to write to a file that wont slow down the computer drastically? like #write or something?

Thanks for any assistance.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:22 am   

The behavior is based more on the OS than anything else, and you already have a solution. You can use a trigger or alarm to close and reopen the log file by using the #LOG command. Closing the file forces the OS to write the data out and update the time stamps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: