Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mgialit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:39 am   

automapper

hello guys
i am trying to use automapper but i face the following problems

1) mobs in room and items on floor captured as room description
2) there are some "doors" ingame which open with a diferrent command than open command ,
for example move bush how i deal with those?
3) spin rooms, there are 2 kinds, total random and the second type that needs specific path to move from entry to exit, how do i map those?

the game is arctic MUD
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:45 am   

1. Use #NOMAP in a trigger to exclude certain lines from even being seen by the mapper.
2. Open the room properties window. Change to the Room Exits tab. Edit the name field of the exit in question. That is the name of the command used to access the exit.
3. Not enough information.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:44 pm   

The best trick you can do for some of the complex rooms is to change the standard door command. The default is "open %1" where '%1' will be direction. You can add a '%2' which would be a door name if you specify one in the exit definition. You can go much further with this by setting the command to an alias. My mapping system uses a door command of "DoorAlias %1 %2", and DoorAlias can do a large number of different things based on the contents of that door name field.

For somethings like your 'spin' rooms it might be best to manually map out one way paths no matter how crazy it looks. When there is a fixed route this is often the best choice.

When a room will randomly put you someplace then it is helpful to have a way to find your exact location. If the MUD does not supply a command or provide room number information to regular users then you will have to use other information. For example if you must walk from "A" through a random group of identical rooms "B" to get to "C" and "C" is always entered by stepping east, then you would be a script that constantly moves you east until it notes you are in "C". You don't really map all the rooms, you might make a single "B" on the map and use #TELEPORT to control your position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: