Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bradley21
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:25 pm   

Script searching

Greetings!

Not sure if this is the right place to toss this, but I use CmudPro for everything right now and this forum is one of the more active.

So I think I"m doing pretty good at getting a handle on learning to script and build and do all kinds of fun stuff. I have coding experience, just not with C/C+/XML. Part of that learning has been going through old files and seeing how scripts were built and then building them myself for whatever I'm making. The downside, is sometimes I can't find a script that has a particular build for what I"m wanting to make. There is a ton of information out there! Unfortunately, some of it is on sites that are no longer supported so all I can do is gaze at the summary of the site.

I'm wondering if there are any vaults or databases out there that I could look through. I'm not interested in stealing anything, I can give credit to where credit should go. I really just want more resources to work with.

Mudlib: Dead-Souls
Driver: Fluffos
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:19 pm   

Take a look over at the old zmud script sharing folder:

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=29
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:57 am   

Ohh, thanks! I'll take a deeper look at it. I didn't see one in particular that I'm working on right now...and I just know the solution is going to end up horribly easy...

I want to make a basket with chocolate eggs in it...endless chocolate eggs. So far all I've done is make the basket and put eggs in it. But when an egg is taken, there's one less instead of the same number. I can do shopkeeps and all their treasures...but I can't figure out how to help the poor easter bunny! I know, I get stuck sometimes on the strangest items.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:54 pm   

Are you coding for a game proper?
We mostly deal in client side scripts here to keep track of things.

From my limited understanding you would want to override the standard get command, so that instead of retrieving the item, it would clone a copy of the master item into their inventory, provided they have a hand free.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:19 am   

I'll give that a try. But I am learning from the other stuff about triggers and alias' too. Those are rather little handy tricks!

Thank you Shalimar!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: