Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:20 pm   

Trouble with a regex

How would I go about capturing a room name like this (not wanting the " [E]" bit):
Code:
Atop a Stone Arch [E]

I tried this:
Code:
^(.*) +\[([.*])+\]$

and then for the pattern to match #TAG name %1 as the room name and the second one #TAG exit %2 as roomexits

After having read the CMUD #regex help file and a tutorial http://www.proftpd.org/docs/howto/Regex.html but still can't get a match, I tried in the testing window and that doesn't work either, I guess I'm probably doing something wrong that someone that actually knows what they are doing would see straight away maybe? *hopes* :S

Bunch of edits by Vijilante cause necroing old topics to ask a question is not cool.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:46 am   

Both should work, but I would recommend the second version which is narrower.
Code:
^(.*) \[(.*)+\]$
Code:
^(.*) \[([NSEWUD]*)+\]$
You should still reconfigure, and you may need to adjust the exit detection settings by checking the single character option.
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am   

Thanks a lot :)

Do you know how I'd add in the possibility of directions being encased in brackets? (this is how a door is marked apparently with eoemud.com I don't know if other muds which say they are Diku muds are the same or something) also sometimes there is a Q in the room exits to mean quit and that throws off the pattern, even the default CMUD configurator gets confused when there's a Q in the room exits too :S

I know for normal CMUD trigger I'd use {|Q} to match either nothing or Q, and the same with putting brackets around every letter just in case they have (like ~[{|~(}{|N}{|~)}{|~(}{|E}{|~)}{|~(}{|S}{|~)}{|~(}{|W}{|~)}{|~(}{|D}{|~)}{|~(}{|U}{|~)}~] or something like that, but anything that isn't a regex trigger seems to go a bit crazy when there's square brackets in patterns quite often, even when they are escaped with the squiggles)

Inside the Greasy Bastard [NS(U)Q]

The Back of the Bastard [(N)SD]

Avasar's Stables [NEQ]
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:32 pm   

Code:
^(.*) \[([NSEWUDQ\(\)]*)+\]$
I think #TAG will still work correctly even when the exit information contains strange stuff. You may want to do some parsing on your own and use the #DOOR command to create doors as you go.
deathkitty
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:08 am   

Thanks a lot for the reply, I really appreciate it, um, it's matching the name now when I check the Pattern tab in the package editor to test it, it is definitely matching the room name now, but for some reason it doesn't seem to be affecting the mapper in any way and it's still putting the whole thing (room name with the directions in the room name, which isn't what is matched in the test) in the room name as well as the room name and exits into the first line the desc

(I'm also only able to get a match for the first part ( #tag name %1 ) but not for the second part ( #tag exit %2 ) for some reason)

Thank you for any help and sorry for the slow reply
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:54 am   

Did you reconfigure the mapper after adding/changing any mapper related triggers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: