Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Jhemin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:43 pm   

How to open an Image on Cmud

Hi guys,
im trying to open a .png image on cmud.
I would like to make a simple alias like for example ''+forest'' and the cMud will open a .png image that i have on my computer and show it on the screen.

Can someone help me please?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:23 am   

not sure CMud can do PNG images. Also, may wish to rethink your choice of name for aliases. CMud does NOT prevent you from doing stuff that ends up not working, but there are some things that just will not work (for example, you can use spaces in an alias name but won't ever be able to call the alias properly because CMud parses everything using the space; similarly, you can use numbers and symbols at the start of an alias but such things might have side effects that interfere.)

On the assumption it can, though, your choices are either #IMAGE (if I recall, this sends the picture to a separate window) or the MXP image tag (writes the image to the main window, adjusting line height so that the image "fits" on 1 line of text.) You will know if it can or cannot based on what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:40 am   

thank u for the answer
i still have problem visualizing the picture itself...assuming i change the format to a format that cmud recognize... what is the command i have to give so that i can see the picture?
how can i select the directory of the picture so that cmud will know where to look for it?
im so NOOB about this things...i really please u to make me an example so i can understand
thank u very much
rozdwojeniejazni
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:57 pm   

PNG works fine. Example:
Code:
#image "C:\images\forest.png"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: