Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
stolve

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:49 am   

#launch issues

I'm trying to use #launch to access an external application I wrote. I can use #LAUNCH to access this application easily, but I run into issues when I want to send arguments to my application.

Here's an example of what I'm trying to accomplish.

I want to send the text I'm getting as one argument to the program, I would accomplish this in a cmd window by surrounding it in double quotes. It then thinks of it as one string. In order to use the launch command, however, I need to put double quotes around my text. Now I have nested double quotes and I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to escape the double quotes in order to nest them.

I'm using zScript because I can't figure out how to use the #LAUNCH command in the other options. Here is what I have:

Code:
#launch %concat( "C:\Program Files (x86)\myprogram\myprogram.exe /p ", %1, " /m ", %2, " /d 10" )

The %1 and %2 are both text that I'm getting from the trigger, the /p and /m are argument markers for my program and mark where the text is going to be.

Can anyone tell me how to use escape characters in zScript so that I can nest double quotes?!?!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:01 am   

%concat("stuff you want to see before the double quote",~","stuff you want to see after the first double quote",~","and so on")
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:15 pm   

Or write it twice: "" to get one double quote inside a string. Like this
Code:
%concat( "C:\Program Files (x86)\myprogram\myprogram.exe /p """, %1, """ /m """, %2, """ /d 10" )
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: