Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Icarus
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:56 pm   

Using the MAP, gmcp and #walk all in one nice package - HEEEELP

Ok, I play a mud which is nice enough to provide such things as %gmcp.room.info.id - an unique code for each room.

I've been using the CMud mapper properly, and have almost everything mapped, neatly into zones that works for me and also functions nicely in regards to the topography of the mud I am playing.

I've started, and gotten quite far, on the job of adding the gmcp info to all the rooms, and now I've encountered a problem.

I use #walk a LOT. it's a net quick way to travel. I use #walk <quickword>, even using an alias 'go' -> '#walk', now comes the problem.

go soutpier

go northpier

Great! I run those 60 rooms in a heartbeat, given that I don't get exhausted on the way, of course.

however, when I update the rooms with the %gmcp.room.info.id in a manner where I can actually make use of it, it will replace the label I can use #walk to with the id from the mud, which isn't that easy to remember. An example of one is "hbqpc0"...

Now, this could be fixed by using some variables and functions IF I could only find a function that will let me know what the name of the ZONE is, that is, the name of the ZONE on the CMud mapper, I would be able to solve this quite easily, so... anyone?

Ic
Icarus
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:07 pm   

Ok, fuound a solution to the map thing, but my second problem isn't working as I would like it to, and I think I need this in with a tea-spoon if anyone would bother.

Essence is:
variable, type database

Column 1 <-> column 2
zugg <-> soft
zmud <-> cmud
ascii <-> good

alias bbb
shout FUNCTION-MISSING :P

my point is that I type
bbb zugg
client uses function and sends
shout soft

bbb zmud -> shout cmud
bbb ascii -> shout good

It only have to work one way...

Ic
rozdwojeniejazni
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:26 am   

Zone name is returned by %zonename(zonenumber) of course. So current Zone name is
Code:
#sh %zonename()

And Zone name by room number
Code:
#sh %zonename(%roomzone(12345))

As for the second question, simple as that: in an alias:
Code:
shout %db(@variable, %-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: