Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
pandymomo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:00 pm   

Having issues

Hiya

I downloaded CMUD to try yesterday after seeing some screenshots on the Discworld MUD wiki. I've managed to change the font to one I like, but so far that's all I've managed to do.

I'm having an issue where the room descriptions, and longer talker messages don't wordwrap, they just keep going. I did try to find an option to fix it, but I can't find one. It's very possible that I'm just being blind.

Instead of this: http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3827/12812609134_ea65db594c_o.jpg

I'd like it to be more like this: http://s29.postimg.org/7xd584lpj/MUSHclient_Discworld.jpg

I was also wondering if there was a way to turn the links blue, like in MUSHclient?

The last thing was how to do the map and tell thing, I just realised that the screenshot I saw is actually ZMUD instead of CMUD so I don't know if it's possible, but here's the screenshot anyway just in case.
http://disc-wiki.confusedherring.com/wiki/File:ScreenshotPetrov1.PNG

I'm not worried about all the stat stuff at the top, just the messages and map.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm well aware that I'm probably just being a bit blind. I should point out, even though it's probably very obvious that I'm a complete and utter newbie when it comes to things like this.

Thank you!
Scarn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm   

1. On the bar at the top go Options > Session > Word Wrap > Make sure Word Wrap and Auto Wrap are selected.

2. For the room exits you have two options:

i. Just change the colour of the exit words.
Code:
#TRIGGER {northwest} {#CW cyan}

ii. Colour the exits only when they appear in the line "There are # obvious exits:"
Code:
#TRIGGER {^There ({are|is})( %d) obvious ({exit|exits})~:(*).$} {#SUB {%There %1 %2 obvious %3: %ansi(cyan)%4.}}

3. For the map, I would read the help files regarding it and come back here if you have any other queries.
Scarn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:35 pm   

In regards to the above triggers, you simply paste them into the command prompt. Welcome to CMUD!
Llohr
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:09 am   

As far as a capture window for tells, the version of that which I use is simple, I don't bother gagging tells as they appear in the main output window, or time stamping them, I just send a copy of them to a tells window.

The method to do that is to make a trigger which will match the pattern of whatever form of communication you're trying to capture. So if a tell looks like this:
Code:
Joe tells you, 'How's it going?'.

You'll want a trigger pattern like this:
Code:
%w tells you

In order to avoid random lines from room descriptions and such firing that trigger, you can make it a bit more complex, for instance:
Code:
%w tells you ~'*~'~.
Note, the ~ character is used to escape parsing of the following character, so that cmud doesn't parse it as a special characters. It wouldn't actually be necessary to put a ~ in front of the period, I just tend to escape everything that isn't a letter or number as a matter of habit. Also, if you weren't sure, the %w will match any string of letters only, thus, a word or name; for more examples of ways to match different types of mud output, do a search in cmud's help for PATTERN MATCHING. When I search that, in the topics to the left one of the choices will be "triggers" with a + sign next to it, clicking the + reveals the pattern matching topic.

Once you've got a trigger with a pattern like that, all I personally do is give that trigger a value of:
Code:
#cap Tells
where "Tells" is the name of the window I want the line sent to. If the window does not exist, it will be created. After creating the variable, the next time you receive a line matching the pattern a window will be created (by default, paned horizontally on top of your main output window)and that line will be reproduced therein. You can move the tells window to wherever you want it and change its size, after which I recommend going to "Layout/Save Session Layout," and even "Lock layout." Note that you won't be able to resize or move the window again until you uncheck "Lock layout."

I don't use the mapper, so I'm afraid I'm no help there. Granted, no help is only slightly less help than I am anywhere else :)

As long as we're on the topic, I would like to know if there's any way to automagically set up the window options of a created window. For instance, I want to have the tick timer in my main output window, but I don't want it in a tells window. The issue I have is that whenever I delete a window or reimport a package, it will have whatever settings I set up the last time I changed the settings of any window.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 pm   

For the tick timer, unfortunately that is a Preferences setting and the only way to access preferences via code is with the %prefs() function. It happens to be really old and so inaccurate as to no longer actually work, so even if there were a way in that function to change tick timer it'd simply do nothing when you tried.

For stuff like position, dimension, tabbed, and scrollbars, you can use either the #MAKEWINDOW command or the mxp FRAME tag.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: