Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris123zugg
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:38 pm   

Floating variable

I believe i need a different type of variable to capture and translate this capture to show a number value... If someone knows a way to do that could you please show me an example?

^Hp~: ~|----------*~| Gp~: ~|*----------~| Gxp~: ~|----*----------------~| P~:(%w)$

need 3 different variables to mark the position of the asterisk, so the capture can be changed from "---*-----" to 0-100%

thanks in advance, and much appreciated!!!
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 pm   

You'll want to work with %pos then. You could construct a trigger like such:

Code:

#TRIGGER {^Hp~: ~|(*)~| Gp~: ~|(*)~| Gxp~: ~|(*)~| P~:(%w)$} {$HpPos = %pos("*", %1);$GpPos = %pos("*", %2); $GxpPos = %pos("*", %3)}

The value returned for each %pos will be where the * is at on the line graph. For instance:

Quote:
----*----

will return a value of 5 for the *.

Then you can do what you need to do with the variables.
chris123zugg
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:43 pm   

cool beans! thanks:)
chris123zugg
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:48 pm   

hrrrm , seems to allow a fatal looping when i tried it on my client. is there a way to no capture it that way, because there are several things in the mud that use Hp: or Sp: and the like... so i think it's seeing any of those, and looping.

also if i wanted to set the variables to HpPos to say 1-10 = 0-100% how would i do that heh...
chris123zugg
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:36 pm   

hrrrm , seems to allow a fatal looping when i tried it on my client. is there a way to no capture it that way, because there are several things in the mud that use Hp: or Sp: and the like... so i think it's seeing any of those, and looping.

also if i wanted to set the variables to HpPos to say 1-10 = 0-100% how would i do that heh...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: