Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Whatdoido

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:56 pm   

Output window and coding boxes greyed out!

I do use windows 7 but I also had this problem years ago with xp but a friend fixed it for me and I have no idea how! So I was moving my zmud on my laptop's desktop and something happened. The place where the text shows up in a game was solid greyed out sometimes bluish if I moved it. No matter if I clicked the maximize, minimize or the +, or detached the output window from the interface frame, the problem would not resolve. I also tried to reset the layout and all that but nothing works. And it is only with that one game. I can load any other game suggested in the zmud icons and it has the normal display.

Also when I open the settings thing to make triggers and aliases and such, the place where you type the script in is also greyed out. I searched topic after topic and I can't find anything like this for help. How do I fix it? Also, I did the make a new connection to the game and run zmud as administrator. The new connection I made for that game had the same problem with the greyed out window. Problem with running as administrator was all the triggers and settings I had for my character are gone but at least I was able to connect to that game had a normal text output window.

Is there any way to fix the original connection so there is text in the window instead of a solid grey-bluish box?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:56 pm   

First, check the preferences to make sure the Show MUD output option is checked. Most of the time, problems such as this are caused because the user accidentally did something and then freaked out and couldn't recall what they last did.

Second, you probably have a corrupted layout. Close the session, then locate the appropriate .lay file (it will be "yoursessionname.lay" or possibly just ".lay"). Delete it, then reopen the session and put the windows back where you wanted them. Make sure to save the layout, or you'll have to do this all over again the next time you open the session.

EDIT: the Settings Editor also has its own layout file, you can use the same process to reset it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:12 pm   YES!

You nailed it! It was the show mud output thing in preferences! Thanks so much! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: